News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
When it comes to sharing video ad content in the social space, consumers are mostly likely to share alcohol ads. That according to new data out from Unruly which notes that ads from Budweiser, Neft Vodka, Heineken and Carlsberg droved about 97% of video shares (Q1 2013).
However, researchers also found that although consumers are sharing this content, the big alcohol brands themselves lag in social video adoption.
"The research found that some of the big alcohol brands - and subsectors - are vastly underperforming in social video," said Ian Forrester, Unruly's Insight Director. "For wine and spirit brands, the opportunity to increase brand awareness and sales conversion rates through social video ishuge, as there has been very little mass movement from these brands in creating shareable video content. Additionally, leading brands like Diageo and SAB Miller that have very strong market share are lagging behind competitors when it comes to social video share of voice."
The Unruly report suggests the lag on the part of alcohol brands is because they are not optimizing their content - ads, shorts and other content - for the social space. Wine brands, the report finds, are the slowest, representing only 1% of social video shares for the quarter.
Other interesting findings include:
• Smaller alcohol brands are embracing video and growing more quickly in the social space (3.7% CAGR)
• The top 10 alcohol ads averages 127 seconds long, only 1 ad was under 30 seconds
• Overall video sharing in the category increased more than 1,500% between Q4 2012 and Q1 2013
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
- Study: Visuals important in reviews
- Consumers increasingly comfortable with mHealth options
- Study: Personalization important for rewards
- Retailers: How to use out-of-store events to engage
- Why do online shoppers switch devices between research and purchase?
- Video ad budgets increasingly diversifying beyond pre-roll
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...