News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tech topping ecomm searches
When it comes to online shopping, more consumers are looking into tech products in their search queries. That according to new data out from BuyVia which found that search queries for 'iPhone', 'iPad' and 'Dell' topped online search lists for the month of April.
According to BuyVia Dell, iPhone, iPad, Nexus and Samsung Galaxy Note topped online search queries for April.
"Tablets were an extremely popular search in April with the iPad, iPad Mini, and Kindle Fire all making our top searched items list multiple times," said Norman Fong, CEO and Co-Founder of BuyVia. "The spike in tablet searches could be an indication that consumers are gearing up for summer travel, or gifts for Moms, Dads and Grads. Regardless, this dramatic increase in tablet searches supports that tablet devices could be replacing the necessity for laptops."
Some of those searches may carry forward to actual purchases in May and June - as shoppers make their final purchases for Mother's Day, Father's Day and graduations. Data out from ShopAtHome finds that Mom's and Dad's don't want kids to pull out all the stops this year - but high school and college grads will likely expect some big ticket items on their big day.
"If you are seeking out a specific gift, get the most for your money by shopping online for deals, searching for Free Shipping coupons and earning Cash Back rewards. Mom and Dad will be happy you saved your hard-earned money," said Lesly Kennedy, Shop At Home Managing Editor. "But, remember, frugal does not equal showing up empty-handed. Nearly 35 percent of moms and dads said the worst gift would be no gift at all."
According to the survey:
• Mom and Dad want kids to spend under $40 on them, most are looking for gift cards
• 59% of grads say cash makes a great gift while 27% said they'd like to get gift cards
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...