News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: More SMBs turning to mobile
Bigger brands may have more money for mobile enterprises but small businesses aren't sitting back. New data out from Constant Contact finds that 66% of SMBs are using mobile technology already; the bad news: those SMBs who are 'holding out' don't plan to change their no-mobile approach.
Of the small businesses already using mobile, most are utilizing smartphones and tablets as well as optimizing websites for mobile and integrating text/SMS messaging as part of their ad strategy. Other interesting findings include:
• 73% of SMBs are using social marketing tactics
• 71% are using email marketing options
• 44% use social platforms
• 34% operate mobile optimized sites
"It's encouraging that a majority of small businesses recognize that their customers are relying more than ever on their mobile devices to find information, look for deals, and even to make purchases," said Joel Hughes, Constant Contact senior vice president of strategy and corporate development. "That said, small business owners are still getting their sea legs, so it's not surprising that they're leading with two areas where they have a solid track record of success with customer engagement: social media and email."
As for specific mobile platforms:
• 82% use mobile apps to manage calendars/time
• 74% use communications apps
• 52% use GPS/mapping apps
• 44% use accounting apps
Most small businesses surveyed said social media is one thing they engage in via mobile, including the major networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Those SMBs in the social space say 44% of the social optimization includes a menu while 40% are using product listings within the social space and 39% are using video content.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Video, content tools launched
- Binge-viewing is booming but it is a lonely activity
- IAB UK: Not all ad blockers want to block all ads
- Top 4 tips to reduce holiday fraud
- Expert: How telecoms can do better at customer service
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...