News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: More SMBs turning to mobile
Bigger brands may have more money for mobile enterprises but small businesses aren't sitting back. New data out from Constant Contact finds that 66% of SMBs are using mobile technology already; the bad news: those SMBs who are 'holding out' don't plan to change their no-mobile approach.
Of the small businesses already using mobile, most are utilizing smartphones and tablets as well as optimizing websites for mobile and integrating text/SMS messaging as part of their ad strategy. Other interesting findings include:
• 73% of SMBs are using social marketing tactics
• 71% are using email marketing options
• 44% use social platforms
• 34% operate mobile optimized sites
"It's encouraging that a majority of small businesses recognize that their customers are relying more than ever on their mobile devices to find information, look for deals, and even to make purchases," said Joel Hughes, Constant Contact senior vice president of strategy and corporate development. "That said, small business owners are still getting their sea legs, so it's not surprising that they're leading with two areas where they have a solid track record of success with customer engagement: social media and email."
As for specific mobile platforms:
• 82% use mobile apps to manage calendars/time
• 74% use communications apps
• 52% use GPS/mapping apps
• 44% use accounting apps
Most small businesses surveyed said social media is one thing they engage in via mobile, including the major networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Those SMBs in the social space say 44% of the social optimization includes a menu while 40% are using product listings within the social space and 39% are using video content.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...