News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: More SMBs turning to mobile
Bigger brands may have more money for mobile enterprises but small businesses aren't sitting back. New data out from Constant Contact finds that 66% of SMBs are using mobile technology already; the bad news: those SMBs who are 'holding out' don't plan to change their no-mobile approach.
Of the small businesses already using mobile, most are utilizing smartphones and tablets as well as optimizing websites for mobile and integrating text/SMS messaging as part of their ad strategy. Other interesting findings include:
• 73% of SMBs are using social marketing tactics
• 71% are using email marketing options
• 44% use social platforms
• 34% operate mobile optimized sites
"It's encouraging that a majority of small businesses recognize that their customers are relying more than ever on their mobile devices to find information, look for deals, and even to make purchases," said Joel Hughes, Constant Contact senior vice president of strategy and corporate development. "That said, small business owners are still getting their sea legs, so it's not surprising that they're leading with two areas where they have a solid track record of success with customer engagement: social media and email."
As for specific mobile platforms:
• 82% use mobile apps to manage calendars/time
• 74% use communications apps
• 52% use GPS/mapping apps
• 44% use accounting apps
Most small businesses surveyed said social media is one thing they engage in via mobile, including the major networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Those SMBs in the social space say 44% of the social optimization includes a menu while 40% are using product listings within the social space and 39% are using video content.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...