News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: More SMBs turning to mobile
Bigger brands may have more money for mobile enterprises but small businesses aren't sitting back. New data out from Constant Contact finds that 66% of SMBs are using mobile technology already; the bad news: those SMBs who are 'holding out' don't plan to change their no-mobile approach.
Of the small businesses already using mobile, most are utilizing smartphones and tablets as well as optimizing websites for mobile and integrating text/SMS messaging as part of their ad strategy. Other interesting findings include:
• 73% of SMBs are using social marketing tactics
• 71% are using email marketing options
• 44% use social platforms
• 34% operate mobile optimized sites
"It's encouraging that a majority of small businesses recognize that their customers are relying more than ever on their mobile devices to find information, look for deals, and even to make purchases," said Joel Hughes, Constant Contact senior vice president of strategy and corporate development. "That said, small business owners are still getting their sea legs, so it's not surprising that they're leading with two areas where they have a solid track record of success with customer engagement: social media and email."
As for specific mobile platforms:
• 82% use mobile apps to manage calendars/time
• 74% use communications apps
• 52% use GPS/mapping apps
• 44% use accounting apps
Most small businesses surveyed said social media is one thing they engage in via mobile, including the major networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Those SMBs in the social space say 44% of the social optimization includes a menu while 40% are using product listings within the social space and 39% are using video content.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...