News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Moms sound off on work, home, balance
Moms do it all: run carpools, run businesses and run households. But are the feeling the pressure, as a day celebrating all they do nears? According to one report, not really. Although most moms agree that running a business is harder than running a household.
A recent statement by Facebook's new COO, Sheryl Sandberg, that women need to take more responsibility for their careers has many women chattering across the online space. But the Manta report finds most of the women (52%) are ambivalent about Sandber's words while 39% say they agree/have a positive opinion on what was said.
Other interesting findings from the report:
• 68% of women say their family/significant other is their biggest supporter
• 28% say being female has added challenges to the success of their business/career
• 95% are working moms
• 69% say raising children is 'as difficult' as running a successful business; 22% say running a business is harder
As for what moms are wishing for one the work front - a better support staff (26%) and help creating 'best practices' for their business (17%) top the list along with more flexible schedules (12%).
Manta polled more than 1,000 of their female, small business owners.
Meanwhile, Manta's Q1 Small Business Wellness Index indicates that most SMBs are continuing to delay hiring even though they are optimistic about Q2 revenue. To help push revenue and find new customers a growing number of SMBs are pushing farther into the social space; about half have increased the amount of time they spend on social networks versus 2012.
"As a highly pragmatic and time-constrained group, small business owners are strategically adopting platforms that show real results for their business," said Pamela Springer, CEO of Manta. "However, social media is not a stationary phenomenon. As SMBs shift from the experimental stage to a results-focused phase, their social media usage will evolve to maximize the value."
Image via Shutterstock
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Few marketers plan for social media negativity
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....