News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Moms sound off on work, home, balance
Moms do it all: run carpools, run businesses and run households. But are the feeling the pressure, as a day celebrating all they do nears? According to one report, not really. Although most moms agree that running a business is harder than running a household.
A recent statement by Facebook's new COO, Sheryl Sandberg, that women need to take more responsibility for their careers has many women chattering across the online space. But the Manta report finds most of the women (52%) are ambivalent about Sandber's words while 39% say they agree/have a positive opinion on what was said.
Other interesting findings from the report:
• 68% of women say their family/significant other is their biggest supporter
• 28% say being female has added challenges to the success of their business/career
• 95% are working moms
• 69% say raising children is 'as difficult' as running a successful business; 22% say running a business is harder
As for what moms are wishing for one the work front - a better support staff (26%) and help creating 'best practices' for their business (17%) top the list along with more flexible schedules (12%).
Manta polled more than 1,000 of their female, small business owners.
Meanwhile, Manta's Q1 Small Business Wellness Index indicates that most SMBs are continuing to delay hiring even though they are optimistic about Q2 revenue. To help push revenue and find new customers a growing number of SMBs are pushing farther into the social space; about half have increased the amount of time they spend on social networks versus 2012.
"As a highly pragmatic and time-constrained group, small business owners are strategically adopting platforms that show real results for their business," said Pamela Springer, CEO of Manta. "However, social media is not a stationary phenomenon. As SMBs shift from the experimental stage to a results-focused phase, their social media usage will evolve to maximize the value."
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...