News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Moms sound off on work, home, balance
Moms do it all: run carpools, run businesses and run households. But are the feeling the pressure, as a day celebrating all they do nears? According to one report, not really. Although most moms agree that running a business is harder than running a household.
A recent statement by Facebook's new COO, Sheryl Sandberg, that women need to take more responsibility for their careers has many women chattering across the online space. But the Manta report finds most of the women (52%) are ambivalent about Sandber's words while 39% say they agree/have a positive opinion on what was said.
Other interesting findings from the report:
• 68% of women say their family/significant other is their biggest supporter
• 28% say being female has added challenges to the success of their business/career
• 95% are working moms
• 69% say raising children is 'as difficult' as running a successful business; 22% say running a business is harder
As for what moms are wishing for one the work front - a better support staff (26%) and help creating 'best practices' for their business (17%) top the list along with more flexible schedules (12%).
Manta polled more than 1,000 of their female, small business owners.
Meanwhile, Manta's Q1 Small Business Wellness Index indicates that most SMBs are continuing to delay hiring even though they are optimistic about Q2 revenue. To help push revenue and find new customers a growing number of SMBs are pushing farther into the social space; about half have increased the amount of time they spend on social networks versus 2012.
"As a highly pragmatic and time-constrained group, small business owners are strategically adopting platforms that show real results for their business," said Pamela Springer, CEO of Manta. "However, social media is not a stationary phenomenon. As SMBs shift from the experimental stage to a results-focused phase, their social media usage will evolve to maximize the value."
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: How extreme stacking can benefit retailers
- Bing rejected 250 million ads in 2015
- Google reveals 180% increase in hacked websites in 2015
- 74% of UK retailers fail to follow up instances of cart abandonment
- Ad Roundup: Releases focus on data
- Survey: SMBs report good start to 2016
- Business mail rooms inundated with personal online shopping deliveries
- Study: Micro-businesses need more help
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...