News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Moms sound off on work, home, balance
Moms do it all: run carpools, run businesses and run households. But are the feeling the pressure, as a day celebrating all they do nears? According to one report, not really. Although most moms agree that running a business is harder than running a household.
A recent statement by Facebook's new COO, Sheryl Sandberg, that women need to take more responsibility for their careers has many women chattering across the online space. But the Manta report finds most of the women (52%) are ambivalent about Sandber's words while 39% say they agree/have a positive opinion on what was said.
Other interesting findings from the report:
• 68% of women say their family/significant other is their biggest supporter
• 28% say being female has added challenges to the success of their business/career
• 95% are working moms
• 69% say raising children is 'as difficult' as running a successful business; 22% say running a business is harder
As for what moms are wishing for one the work front - a better support staff (26%) and help creating 'best practices' for their business (17%) top the list along with more flexible schedules (12%).
Manta polled more than 1,000 of their female, small business owners.
Meanwhile, Manta's Q1 Small Business Wellness Index indicates that most SMBs are continuing to delay hiring even though they are optimistic about Q2 revenue. To help push revenue and find new customers a growing number of SMBs are pushing farther into the social space; about half have increased the amount of time they spend on social networks versus 2012.
"As a highly pragmatic and time-constrained group, small business owners are strategically adopting platforms that show real results for their business," said Pamela Springer, CEO of Manta. "However, social media is not a stationary phenomenon. As SMBs shift from the experimental stage to a results-focused phase, their social media usage will evolve to maximize the value."
Image via Shutterstock
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...