News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Americans want on-demand, not programmed content
When it comes to entertainment, fewer and fewer Americans are choosing programming and instead are turning to on-demand, personalized content. Like the playlists on their MP3 players or online sites like Pandora for music.
According to new data out from Stitcher about 60% of surveyed respondents believe AM/FM radio will be 'dead' within the next five years; 71% of Millennials and students believe this. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Most 18-34 year olds prefer to watch movies on demand
• 18-34 year olds are doubly likely to listen to music on demand as those between 35-54 years of age
• 18-34 year olds are twice as likely to watch television on demand as those 55+
• 81% of adults 'always or mostly' watch or listen to listed entertainment programs on demand
Why the trend to on demand programming? In a word: fewer commercials. Younger demographics, especially, do not like to have programming interrupted for those pesky ads, it seems. One more reason: it's more convenient. By choosing on-demand, these viewers and listeners can conduct life - work, dinner with friends or significant others, family time - without the hassle of needing to be home at a certain time to watch a certain program.
"We're relying on our smartphones and mobile technology now more than ever," said Noah Shanok, CEO of Stitcher. "We're a nation on the go, and we want access to our favorite radio shows and music at a time that's convenient for us. With the latest advancements in streaming technology, apps like Stitcher put entertainment right at your fingertips."
Harris Interactive conducted the survey on behalf of Stitcher Radio.
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
- Survey: Recruiting a struggle for IT departments
- Study: Mobile consumers want control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...