News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 75% comfortable with mobile banking
New research from mobile ad firm Mojiva reveals that consumers are becoming increasingly comfortable managing their finances via mobile.
Mobile banking has been getting a lot of press lately. Just last week, Hawaii-based American Savings Bank announced that adoption of their newly-introduced remote deposit capture mobile feature had exceeded all expectations.
Juniper research recently published figures showing that the number of consumers using tablets to pay bills will soar between now and 2017, and mobile document capture software firm Mitek revealed 12 million Americans have now deposited more than $40 billion into bank accounts using mobile apps.
New research from Mojiva found that 75% of consumers are now comfortable accessing financial accounts from a mobile device, just as much as they are accessing them via desktop PC. Almost three-quarters now using banking apps or access a mobile banking website at least once a week, while just over half (56%) using a credit card app or mobile website at least once a week.
Mobile consumers are also using their devices to pay bills while on-the-go. Overall, when it comes to paying bills and invoices, 58% use their smartphone or tablet to do so 25%, or more, of the time. Of that same group, 28% use their smartphone or tablet to pay bills or invoices 50% or more of the time.
For those advertising financial products, Mojiva has one other useful nugget of information. More than half (55%) of respondents said they were more likely to respond to finance-related advertising on a smartphone as opposed to on a tablet. Furthermore, keeping "in the know" about financial news matters - 79% of all respondents indicated they read financial news on their smartphone or tablet.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...