News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 75% comfortable with mobile banking
New research from mobile ad firm Mojiva reveals that consumers are becoming increasingly comfortable managing their finances via mobile.
Mobile banking has been getting a lot of press lately. Just last week, Hawaii-based American Savings Bank announced that adoption of their newly-introduced remote deposit capture mobile feature had exceeded all expectations.
Juniper research recently published figures showing that the number of consumers using tablets to pay bills will soar between now and 2017, and mobile document capture software firm Mitek revealed 12 million Americans have now deposited more than $40 billion into bank accounts using mobile apps.
New research from Mojiva found that 75% of consumers are now comfortable accessing financial accounts from a mobile device, just as much as they are accessing them via desktop PC. Almost three-quarters now using banking apps or access a mobile banking website at least once a week, while just over half (56%) using a credit card app or mobile website at least once a week.
Mobile consumers are also using their devices to pay bills while on-the-go. Overall, when it comes to paying bills and invoices, 58% use their smartphone or tablet to do so 25%, or more, of the time. Of that same group, 28% use their smartphone or tablet to pay bills or invoices 50% or more of the time.
For those advertising financial products, Mojiva has one other useful nugget of information. More than half (55%) of respondents said they were more likely to respond to finance-related advertising on a smartphone as opposed to on a tablet. Furthermore, keeping "in the know" about financial news matters - 79% of all respondents indicated they read financial news on their smartphone or tablet.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....