News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 75% comfortable with mobile banking
New research from mobile ad firm Mojiva reveals that consumers are becoming increasingly comfortable managing their finances via mobile.
Mobile banking has been getting a lot of press lately. Just last week, Hawaii-based American Savings Bank announced that adoption of their newly-introduced remote deposit capture mobile feature had exceeded all expectations.
Juniper research recently published figures showing that the number of consumers using tablets to pay bills will soar between now and 2017, and mobile document capture software firm Mitek revealed 12 million Americans have now deposited more than $40 billion into bank accounts using mobile apps.
New research from Mojiva found that 75% of consumers are now comfortable accessing financial accounts from a mobile device, just as much as they are accessing them via desktop PC. Almost three-quarters now using banking apps or access a mobile banking website at least once a week, while just over half (56%) using a credit card app or mobile website at least once a week.
Mobile consumers are also using their devices to pay bills while on-the-go. Overall, when it comes to paying bills and invoices, 58% use their smartphone or tablet to do so 25%, or more, of the time. Of that same group, 28% use their smartphone or tablet to pay bills or invoices 50% or more of the time.
For those advertising financial products, Mojiva has one other useful nugget of information. More than half (55%) of respondents said they were more likely to respond to finance-related advertising on a smartphone as opposed to on a tablet. Furthermore, keeping "in the know" about financial news matters - 79% of all respondents indicated they read financial news on their smartphone or tablet.
Image via Shutterstock
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...