News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 75% comfortable with mobile banking
New research from mobile ad firm Mojiva reveals that consumers are becoming increasingly comfortable managing their finances via mobile.
Mobile banking has been getting a lot of press lately. Just last week, Hawaii-based American Savings Bank announced that adoption of their newly-introduced remote deposit capture mobile feature had exceeded all expectations.
Juniper research recently published figures showing that the number of consumers using tablets to pay bills will soar between now and 2017, and mobile document capture software firm Mitek revealed 12 million Americans have now deposited more than $40 billion into bank accounts using mobile apps.
New research from Mojiva found that 75% of consumers are now comfortable accessing financial accounts from a mobile device, just as much as they are accessing them via desktop PC. Almost three-quarters now using banking apps or access a mobile banking website at least once a week, while just over half (56%) using a credit card app or mobile website at least once a week.
Mobile consumers are also using their devices to pay bills while on-the-go. Overall, when it comes to paying bills and invoices, 58% use their smartphone or tablet to do so 25%, or more, of the time. Of that same group, 28% use their smartphone or tablet to pay bills or invoices 50% or more of the time.
For those advertising financial products, Mojiva has one other useful nugget of information. More than half (55%) of respondents said they were more likely to respond to finance-related advertising on a smartphone as opposed to on a tablet. Furthermore, keeping "in the know" about financial news matters - 79% of all respondents indicated they read financial news on their smartphone or tablet.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...