News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 75% comfortable with mobile banking
New research from mobile ad firm Mojiva reveals that consumers are becoming increasingly comfortable managing their finances via mobile.
Mobile banking has been getting a lot of press lately. Just last week, Hawaii-based American Savings Bank announced that adoption of their newly-introduced remote deposit capture mobile feature had exceeded all expectations.
Juniper research recently published figures showing that the number of consumers using tablets to pay bills will soar between now and 2017, and mobile document capture software firm Mitek revealed 12 million Americans have now deposited more than $40 billion into bank accounts using mobile apps.
New research from Mojiva found that 75% of consumers are now comfortable accessing financial accounts from a mobile device, just as much as they are accessing them via desktop PC. Almost three-quarters now using banking apps or access a mobile banking website at least once a week, while just over half (56%) using a credit card app or mobile website at least once a week.
Mobile consumers are also using their devices to pay bills while on-the-go. Overall, when it comes to paying bills and invoices, 58% use their smartphone or tablet to do so 25%, or more, of the time. Of that same group, 28% use their smartphone or tablet to pay bills or invoices 50% or more of the time.
For those advertising financial products, Mojiva has one other useful nugget of information. More than half (55%) of respondents said they were more likely to respond to finance-related advertising on a smartphone as opposed to on a tablet. Furthermore, keeping "in the know" about financial news matters - 79% of all respondents indicated they read financial news on their smartphone or tablet.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...