News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Couponers pushing product launches
Want your next product launch to have a bit more of a bang? Consider targeting digital coupon users as part of the campaign. That, according to new data out from Coupons.com which indicates that digital coupon users are some of the first to try new products - especially when coupons are offered.
The study also showed that product recall and purchase intent increased when coupons were offered.
Dynamic Logic conducted the study on behalf of Coupons.com; their research shows that more than one-third of those exposed to brand sponsorship (Food category, CPG) were more aware of a brand post-exposure than average while purchase intent increase an average of 16% (Food category, CPG).
"Brands marketing to digital coupon users not only benefit from increased ad recall and purchase intent, they also gain awareness among this group of consumers that shops more frequently than the average grocery shopper and spends more each time they do," said Tony Biancalana, Regional Vice President of Media Solutions, Coupons.com, INC.. "The new research further underscores the benefits for marketers to connect with this audience."
Other interesting findings include:
• Coupon users 'pre-shop' by browsing online coupon sites
• 59% of coupon users plan to shop in-store within 2 days of online browsing
• 43% will shop within the next 24 hours
Meanwhile, data just out from GfK shows that coupon users spend about 42% more on groceries each year than non-coupon users; they make 25% more shopping trips per year and spend about 13% more per trip. The average coupon user spends about $4,295 per year on groceries while the average non-coupon user spends about $3,000 on groceries.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....