News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Couponers pushing product launches
Want your next product launch to have a bit more of a bang? Consider targeting digital coupon users as part of the campaign. That, according to new data out from Coupons.com which indicates that digital coupon users are some of the first to try new products - especially when coupons are offered.
The study also showed that product recall and purchase intent increased when coupons were offered.
Dynamic Logic conducted the study on behalf of Coupons.com; their research shows that more than one-third of those exposed to brand sponsorship (Food category, CPG) were more aware of a brand post-exposure than average while purchase intent increase an average of 16% (Food category, CPG).
"Brands marketing to digital coupon users not only benefit from increased ad recall and purchase intent, they also gain awareness among this group of consumers that shops more frequently than the average grocery shopper and spends more each time they do," said Tony Biancalana, Regional Vice President of Media Solutions, Coupons.com, INC.. "The new research further underscores the benefits for marketers to connect with this audience."
Other interesting findings include:
• Coupon users 'pre-shop' by browsing online coupon sites
• 59% of coupon users plan to shop in-store within 2 days of online browsing
• 43% will shop within the next 24 hours
Meanwhile, data just out from GfK shows that coupon users spend about 42% more on groceries each year than non-coupon users; they make 25% more shopping trips per year and spend about 13% more per trip. The average coupon user spends about $4,295 per year on groceries while the average non-coupon user spends about $3,000 on groceries.
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...