News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Consumers want more corporate responsibility
Although some state that with the increase in cyber connections, we are losing our human connections, one report indicates that an increasing number of consumers are pushing for deeper corporate responsibility on a variety of issues. Especially in the social space, the report finds that consumers are looking for greater corporate social responsibility (CSR) in their favorite brands.
So much so that more than 90% say they will boycott brands found to behave irresponsibly.
"Consumers across the globe resoundingly affirm CSR as a critical business strategy," said Dan Soulas, Managing Director, Echo Research. "It is vital for companies to understand the unique, market level nuances to effectively participate in CSR interchange. A one size fits all approach just won't work."
According to the 2013 Cone Communications/Echo Global CSR Study, a follow up to a 2011 study, more than one-quarter of consumers use social media to 'share negative information' about brands and more than 80% say they consider corporate social responsibility (CSR) when choosing where to shop and buy products.
Other interesting take aways include:
• One-third (34%) of people use social media to share positives about brands/issues
• 29% use social media to learn about issues/organizations
• 38% of consumers believe brands should focus on economic development, environmental and human rights issues
• 91% say brands need to 'go beyond minimum standards' to operate responsibly
"Social media is changing the face of CSR, as citizens worldwide have unprecedented access to information about corporate behavior," says Alison DaSilva, executive vice president - Research & Insights, Cone Communications. "They are poised to not only engage with companies around vital issues but also serve as CSR megaphones, equally propagating the good and bad."
- Report IDs the next big tech products
- Brands: How to prep for the subscription economy
- Expert: What Buffett's Walmart sale means
- Reports: Mobile data traffic, video trending high
- Survey finds increased interest in online car buying
- Expert: 'Likes' aren't the value of social
- Alternative methods outpace bank cards in global online payments
- Are you EU GDPR ready?
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...