News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platform pushes mobile integration as mobile use soars
New data out from Millennial Media underlines the importance of mobile to an overall advertising strategy. Meanwhile, an upgrade out for the Leaf platform takes mobile devices farther into ecommerce circles.
First, new data out from Millennial Media shows Apple continues to be the top manufacturer for consumer devices within their network; Apple's iPhone accounts for more than 20% of the impressions on Millennial Media. As for tablets, Apple's iPad, Samsung's Galaxy Tab and Amazon's Kindle Fire continue to lead the way.
Their data also shows that while tablets are growing quickly, smartphones still account for the bulk of impressions (70%) within the Millennial platform. Tablets, now account for 25% of platform impressions (Q1 2013).
"Impressions from tablet devices on our platform grew year over year as global adoption of these devices continued," is written in the report. "54% of the tablet impressions on our platform in Q1 came from the same two iOS tablet devices - the Apple iPad and the iPad Mini. Over three quarters of these tablets are running iOS 6.0 or higher."
Meanwhile, Leaf has launched their second-gen business tablet POS system. For LeafPresenter, the second generation tools include options for mobile ordering, checkout capabilities and simplifies payment options.
"Leaf is on a mission to turn standard point of sale into point of smart interactions for small businesses, so it's important that we stay on the cutting edge of technology," said Aron Schwarzkopf, CEO of Leaf. "Cameras on phones and tablets have been used in niche cases for payment and loyalty, but I'm sure we haven't even scratched the surface of how tablet hardware can improve the customer experience. We want to enable creative developers on our platform to have all the tools they need to come up with game-changing ideas. The combination of secure payment technology with the latest hardware and internet connectivity in the LeafPresenter creates limitless possibilities for them."
The upgrades also include 1D and 2D barcode scanners.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...