News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile local search quadrupled in 2012
Local search via mobile devices more than quadrupled in 2012, according to a new report by comScore released by the Local Search Association.
The rapid adoption of smartphones and tablets has driven a significant rise in mobile local search, concludes the Local Search Association, whose members comprise of digital, print, mobile and social companies.
According to the recent report, prepared by comScore, traffic to online directories and other local resources more than quadrupled in 2012, accounting for 27% of total non-PC web traffic in December 2012 compared with just 6% in December, 2011.
"Growth in local mobile engagement, particularly via online directories and other local resources, presents a clear opportunity for local search companies to promote their innovative tools to connect businesses and consumers," said Neg Norton, president of the Local Search Association. "While consumers are showing a preference for apps over browsers, offerings on both platforms deserve attention and investment."
In particular, the report found that Internet Yellow Pages (IYP) mobile app users were of a particularly desirable demographic. More than half (53%) are between 25 and 44 years of age and are 51% more likely to have an income greater than $100,000. They are also far more likely to make a purchase via their mobile device at least once per month - 41% versus just 19% of all smartphone users.
"IYP mobile apps are a powerful tool for local businesses to reach ready-to-buy consumers," said Norton. "As the market continues to evolve, IYP mobile apps represent an easy first-step for local businesses to expand their integrated advertising efforts into the mobile space."
More information about the report can be found on Local Search Insider, the blog for the Local Search Association.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...