News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile local search quadrupled in 2012
Local search via mobile devices more than quadrupled in 2012, according to a new report by comScore released by the Local Search Association.
The rapid adoption of smartphones and tablets has driven a significant rise in mobile local search, concludes the Local Search Association, whose members comprise of digital, print, mobile and social companies.
According to the recent report, prepared by comScore, traffic to online directories and other local resources more than quadrupled in 2012, accounting for 27% of total non-PC web traffic in December 2012 compared with just 6% in December, 2011.
"Growth in local mobile engagement, particularly via online directories and other local resources, presents a clear opportunity for local search companies to promote their innovative tools to connect businesses and consumers," said Neg Norton, president of the Local Search Association. "While consumers are showing a preference for apps over browsers, offerings on both platforms deserve attention and investment."
In particular, the report found that Internet Yellow Pages (IYP) mobile app users were of a particularly desirable demographic. More than half (53%) are between 25 and 44 years of age and are 51% more likely to have an income greater than $100,000. They are also far more likely to make a purchase via their mobile device at least once per month - 41% versus just 19% of all smartphone users.
"IYP mobile apps are a powerful tool for local businesses to reach ready-to-buy consumers," said Norton. "As the market continues to evolve, IYP mobile apps represent an easy first-step for local businesses to expand their integrated advertising efforts into the mobile space."
More information about the report can be found on Local Search Insider, the blog for the Local Search Association.
- Unique products, better prices motivates cross-border ecommerce
- Gen Z keen to engage with mobile video
- Expert: How to determine if a subscription service is good business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting key for video, digital products
- Top 3 tips to create speech analytics strategy
- Snapchat rumored to be rolling out behavioral targeting for advertisers
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
Featured White Papers
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Content Marketing Today
Great content shows that you understand the customer and their problems and that you want and are able to help...
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...