News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile local search quadrupled in 2012
Local search via mobile devices more than quadrupled in 2012, according to a new report by comScore released by the Local Search Association.
The rapid adoption of smartphones and tablets has driven a significant rise in mobile local search, concludes the Local Search Association, whose members comprise of digital, print, mobile and social companies.
According to the recent report, prepared by comScore, traffic to online directories and other local resources more than quadrupled in 2012, accounting for 27% of total non-PC web traffic in December 2012 compared with just 6% in December, 2011.
"Growth in local mobile engagement, particularly via online directories and other local resources, presents a clear opportunity for local search companies to promote their innovative tools to connect businesses and consumers," said Neg Norton, president of the Local Search Association. "While consumers are showing a preference for apps over browsers, offerings on both platforms deserve attention and investment."
In particular, the report found that Internet Yellow Pages (IYP) mobile app users were of a particularly desirable demographic. More than half (53%) are between 25 and 44 years of age and are 51% more likely to have an income greater than $100,000. They are also far more likely to make a purchase via their mobile device at least once per month - 41% versus just 19% of all smartphone users.
"IYP mobile apps are a powerful tool for local businesses to reach ready-to-buy consumers," said Norton. "As the market continues to evolve, IYP mobile apps represent an easy first-step for local businesses to expand their integrated advertising efforts into the mobile space."
More information about the report can be found on Local Search Insider, the blog for the Local Search Association.
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
- Email analysis reveals extent of email attacks on businesses
- Report IDs the next big tech products
- Brands: How to prep for the subscription economy
- Expert: What Buffett's Walmart sale means
- Reports: Mobile data traffic, video trending high
- Survey finds increased interest in online car buying
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...