News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Janrain partners with Amazon for login features
Add another option to the social login space. Today Janrain and Amazon are partnering to allow Amazon users to use their logins on other online retailers' websites. Social login has been shown to increase consumers' sentiment for retailers because they don't have to create different profiles for every store they shop.
Amazon has millions of consumers already buying from their website; giving those users the ability to use an Amazon profile on another website may increase the engagement with those other websites while, at the same time, offering the retailer rich social data from the existing profiles.
"Amazon is considered one of the most reputable companies in the U.S. and personifies trust for online shoppers," said Larry Drebes, CEO of Janrain. "We know that Login with Amazon is already the most popular registration choice on Zappos.com. This partnership extends that popularity, creating opportunity for our retail and ecommerce clients to facilitate trust from consumers who are comfortable using their Amazon identity in an ecommerce context."
Janrain commissioned a new report, from Blue Research, about the benefits of social login. According to the findings more than 60% of consumers 'return to websites' that offer social login features; they also believe social login is a more 'innovative' solution for online retailers to offer.
"Social login appears well suited to address common challenges organizations face," said Paul Abel, Ph.D., Managing Partner, Blue Research, who conducted the research on behalf of Janrain. "Despite social login's recent introduction, most online consumers are encountering it and, among those who do, the majority are using it. These findings suggest social login is an effective way for organizations to better understand and target consumers in a way in which consumers find beneficial."
Those retailers/businesses using the Janrain User Management Platform (JUMP) can now include the Amazon profile option.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...