News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Janrain partners with Amazon for login features
Add another option to the social login space. Today Janrain and Amazon are partnering to allow Amazon users to use their logins on other online retailers' websites. Social login has been shown to increase consumers' sentiment for retailers because they don't have to create different profiles for every store they shop.
Amazon has millions of consumers already buying from their website; giving those users the ability to use an Amazon profile on another website may increase the engagement with those other websites while, at the same time, offering the retailer rich social data from the existing profiles.
"Amazon is considered one of the most reputable companies in the U.S. and personifies trust for online shoppers," said Larry Drebes, CEO of Janrain. "We know that Login with Amazon is already the most popular registration choice on Zappos.com. This partnership extends that popularity, creating opportunity for our retail and ecommerce clients to facilitate trust from consumers who are comfortable using their Amazon identity in an ecommerce context."
Janrain commissioned a new report, from Blue Research, about the benefits of social login. According to the findings more than 60% of consumers 'return to websites' that offer social login features; they also believe social login is a more 'innovative' solution for online retailers to offer.
"Social login appears well suited to address common challenges organizations face," said Paul Abel, Ph.D., Managing Partner, Blue Research, who conducted the research on behalf of Janrain. "Despite social login's recent introduction, most online consumers are encountering it and, among those who do, the majority are using it. These findings suggest social login is an effective way for organizations to better understand and target consumers in a way in which consumers find beneficial."
Those retailers/businesses using the Janrain User Management Platform (JUMP) can now include the Amazon profile option.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...