News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Janrain partners with Amazon for login features
Add another option to the social login space. Today Janrain and Amazon are partnering to allow Amazon users to use their logins on other online retailers' websites. Social login has been shown to increase consumers' sentiment for retailers because they don't have to create different profiles for every store they shop.
Amazon has millions of consumers already buying from their website; giving those users the ability to use an Amazon profile on another website may increase the engagement with those other websites while, at the same time, offering the retailer rich social data from the existing profiles.
"Amazon is considered one of the most reputable companies in the U.S. and personifies trust for online shoppers," said Larry Drebes, CEO of Janrain. "We know that Login with Amazon is already the most popular registration choice on Zappos.com. This partnership extends that popularity, creating opportunity for our retail and ecommerce clients to facilitate trust from consumers who are comfortable using their Amazon identity in an ecommerce context."
Janrain commissioned a new report, from Blue Research, about the benefits of social login. According to the findings more than 60% of consumers 'return to websites' that offer social login features; they also believe social login is a more 'innovative' solution for online retailers to offer.
"Social login appears well suited to address common challenges organizations face," said Paul Abel, Ph.D., Managing Partner, Blue Research, who conducted the research on behalf of Janrain. "Despite social login's recent introduction, most online consumers are encountering it and, among those who do, the majority are using it. These findings suggest social login is an effective way for organizations to better understand and target consumers in a way in which consumers find beneficial."
Those retailers/businesses using the Janrain User Management Platform (JUMP) can now include the Amazon profile option.
Image via Shutterstock
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...