News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to get more from social
The social space is an ever-evolving, complicated place for brands to be. But, for brands willing to invest the time, social can lead to highly engaged, loyal consumers. Here's how:
First, from Aggregate Knowledge, a new report underlining the importance of social in the digital marketing space. Their data shows that social is delivering a higher quality consumer base to brands, with performance rates up to 65% higher than average via social channels. Social Influence, meanwhile, showed a 61% increase through the attribution funnel.
This, say the researchers, signals that advertising is irrevocably changing.
"We're witnessing the end of advertising as we know it," said David Jakubowski, AK chief executive officer. "Brands are starting to realize the importance of digital marketing and using analytics to inform media buying decisions across all channels - these insights resulted in more than $120 million media buys in Q1 alone."
Meanwhile, Compass Labs has compiled a new infographic that sheds light on how men and women differ in the social space. Women, finds the research, are most interested in Retail/Services (23%) and Food/Beverage (20%) categories in the social space while men are mostly likely to interact with Auto (40%), Retail (20%) or Tech (13%) brands while in the social space.
As for how men and women interact with their social circles, women are most likely talking about working out, dancing and baking while guys are mostly chatting about hunting/fishing, mountain biking and playing music.
One of the most recent social networks, Pinterest, is a place many consumers are quickly becoming addicted to, and PinGage is showing brands how to engage through the socnet. Their key to Pinterest pins going viral and engaging consumers? Simple marketing math:
• First, make pins taller because tall pins stand out across their stumpy foes
• Use captions or headlines on a pin to make it stand out more
• Make sure the brand understands where their core fan base is on Pinterest
• Know when those core fans are most likely on Pinterest and schedule pins for that time, making the most of repins
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....