News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ForeSee launches WOM measurement tool
A new tool out from ForeSee takes Net Promoter Scores (NPS) to another level by incorporating word of mouth. Called the Word of Mouth Index (WoMI), the solution offers deeper measurements of WOM channels so that brands have a better grasp on customer loyalty.
According to Foresee's research 'traditional' NPS measurements aren't accurate enough because they do not measure between active and passive word of mouth. Because a customer is satisfied, for example, does not mean they will encourage their friends or social networks to try a brand/product.
"More than a decade ago, NPS was introduced as a metric that has been used to focus organizations around the customer and help executives track customer loyalty with a single number. Yet, it doesn't accurately represent negative word-of-mouth, and it's not an actionable metric or a predictor of growth," said Larry Freed, chief executive officer of ForeSee. "As customer metrics evolved along with social media and methods for spreading word-of-mouth, NPS hasn't kept pace with today's ecosystem that includes customer megaphones such as Facebook, Twitter and Yelp. WoMI is the evolution of NPS, offering a more precise analytic measure to address the sophistication of customers and provide today's businesses with an accurate number that works within a system of metrics to improve bottom-line results."
ForeSee has tested the solution over the past 18 months with nearly 300 companies. Their research found that other methods of NPS may overstate those consumers who might be brand detractors by over 250% (average).
Through WoMI brands can measure both the likelihood of a consumer recommending a brand and the likelihood that a consumer will detract from the brand.
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...