News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ForeSee launches WOM measurement tool
A new tool out from ForeSee takes Net Promoter Scores (NPS) to another level by incorporating word of mouth. Called the Word of Mouth Index (WoMI), the solution offers deeper measurements of WOM channels so that brands have a better grasp on customer loyalty.
According to Foresee's research 'traditional' NPS measurements aren't accurate enough because they do not measure between active and passive word of mouth. Because a customer is satisfied, for example, does not mean they will encourage their friends or social networks to try a brand/product.
"More than a decade ago, NPS was introduced as a metric that has been used to focus organizations around the customer and help executives track customer loyalty with a single number. Yet, it doesn't accurately represent negative word-of-mouth, and it's not an actionable metric or a predictor of growth," said Larry Freed, chief executive officer of ForeSee. "As customer metrics evolved along with social media and methods for spreading word-of-mouth, NPS hasn't kept pace with today's ecosystem that includes customer megaphones such as Facebook, Twitter and Yelp. WoMI is the evolution of NPS, offering a more precise analytic measure to address the sophistication of customers and provide today's businesses with an accurate number that works within a system of metrics to improve bottom-line results."
ForeSee has tested the solution over the past 18 months with nearly 300 companies. Their research found that other methods of NPS may overstate those consumers who might be brand detractors by over 250% (average).
Through WoMI brands can measure both the likelihood of a consumer recommending a brand and the likelihood that a consumer will detract from the brand.
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...