News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ForeSee launches WOM measurement tool
A new tool out from ForeSee takes Net Promoter Scores (NPS) to another level by incorporating word of mouth. Called the Word of Mouth Index (WoMI), the solution offers deeper measurements of WOM channels so that brands have a better grasp on customer loyalty.
According to Foresee's research 'traditional' NPS measurements aren't accurate enough because they do not measure between active and passive word of mouth. Because a customer is satisfied, for example, does not mean they will encourage their friends or social networks to try a brand/product.
"More than a decade ago, NPS was introduced as a metric that has been used to focus organizations around the customer and help executives track customer loyalty with a single number. Yet, it doesn't accurately represent negative word-of-mouth, and it's not an actionable metric or a predictor of growth," said Larry Freed, chief executive officer of ForeSee. "As customer metrics evolved along with social media and methods for spreading word-of-mouth, NPS hasn't kept pace with today's ecosystem that includes customer megaphones such as Facebook, Twitter and Yelp. WoMI is the evolution of NPS, offering a more precise analytic measure to address the sophistication of customers and provide today's businesses with an accurate number that works within a system of metrics to improve bottom-line results."
ForeSee has tested the solution over the past 18 months with nearly 300 companies. Their research found that other methods of NPS may overstate those consumers who might be brand detractors by over 250% (average).
Through WoMI brands can measure both the likelihood of a consumer recommending a brand and the likelihood that a consumer will detract from the brand.
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...