News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Arbitron: U.K. smartphone users spend most time with mcommerce apps
U.K. smartphone users are much more active users of mcommerce apps than their counterparts in Europe and America, according to a new report released by Arbitron this week.
Mcommerce apps are used by two-thirds (66.8%) of U.K. smartphone owners, found Arbitron, compared with 57.6% in Germany, 55.9% in the U.S. and just over half (52.5%) in France.
The number of mcommerce sessions in the U.K., as well as total time spent with apps, is over 50% higher than the average of all Western markets surveyed.
U.K. smartphone users spend, on average, 134.8 minutes per month with mcommerce apps, notching up 54.5 sessions each month. Meanwhile, in the U.S., users spend 91 minutes per month over 30.8 sessions; in German 74.3 minutes over 32.1 sessions and, in France, 56.1 minutes per month over 23.9 sessions per month.
The leading mcommerce app in the U.K. is eBay, used by 43.8% of Arbitron's mobile panellists for around 144.1 minutes per month across 52.1 sessions. eBay is way ahead of the 2nd most popular mcommerce app, Amazon Mobile, used by just 16% for 29.1 minutes per month across 9.5 sessions.
"If they haven't already, merchants should be taking advantage of the development of the mobile medium and ensure that they have a diversified strategy to engage consumers across different touch points - mcommerce isn't just an appendix to ecommerce, and apps aren't just a downloadable declination of mobile-optimized sites," Andreas Piani, general manager of European Arbitron Mobile, told Mobile Commerce Daily.
"It's also crucial to have a plan to deal with the highly fragmented nature of the medium and ensure that all properties are optimized across the prevalent operating systems, device types and screen sizes," he added.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...