News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Arbitron: U.K. smartphone users spend most time with mcommerce apps
U.K. smartphone users are much more active users of mcommerce apps than their counterparts in Europe and America, according to a new report released by Arbitron this week.
Mcommerce apps are used by two-thirds (66.8%) of U.K. smartphone owners, found Arbitron, compared with 57.6% in Germany, 55.9% in the U.S. and just over half (52.5%) in France.
The number of mcommerce sessions in the U.K., as well as total time spent with apps, is over 50% higher than the average of all Western markets surveyed.
U.K. smartphone users spend, on average, 134.8 minutes per month with mcommerce apps, notching up 54.5 sessions each month. Meanwhile, in the U.S., users spend 91 minutes per month over 30.8 sessions; in German 74.3 minutes over 32.1 sessions and, in France, 56.1 minutes per month over 23.9 sessions per month.
The leading mcommerce app in the U.K. is eBay, used by 43.8% of Arbitron's mobile panellists for around 144.1 minutes per month across 52.1 sessions. eBay is way ahead of the 2nd most popular mcommerce app, Amazon Mobile, used by just 16% for 29.1 minutes per month across 9.5 sessions.
"If they haven't already, merchants should be taking advantage of the development of the mobile medium and ensure that they have a diversified strategy to engage consumers across different touch points - mcommerce isn't just an appendix to ecommerce, and apps aren't just a downloadable declination of mobile-optimized sites," Andreas Piani, general manager of European Arbitron Mobile, told Mobile Commerce Daily.
"It's also crucial to have a plan to deal with the highly fragmented nature of the medium and ensure that all properties are optimized across the prevalent operating systems, device types and screen sizes," he added.
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
- Expert: How to better leverage content via mobile
- Blogs play an important role in the path to purchase
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....