News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Arbitron: U.K. smartphone users spend most time with mcommerce apps
U.K. smartphone users are much more active users of mcommerce apps than their counterparts in Europe and America, according to a new report released by Arbitron this week.
Mcommerce apps are used by two-thirds (66.8%) of U.K. smartphone owners, found Arbitron, compared with 57.6% in Germany, 55.9% in the U.S. and just over half (52.5%) in France.
The number of mcommerce sessions in the U.K., as well as total time spent with apps, is over 50% higher than the average of all Western markets surveyed.
U.K. smartphone users spend, on average, 134.8 minutes per month with mcommerce apps, notching up 54.5 sessions each month. Meanwhile, in the U.S., users spend 91 minutes per month over 30.8 sessions; in German 74.3 minutes over 32.1 sessions and, in France, 56.1 minutes per month over 23.9 sessions per month.
The leading mcommerce app in the U.K. is eBay, used by 43.8% of Arbitron's mobile panellists for around 144.1 minutes per month across 52.1 sessions. eBay is way ahead of the 2nd most popular mcommerce app, Amazon Mobile, used by just 16% for 29.1 minutes per month across 9.5 sessions.
"If they haven't already, merchants should be taking advantage of the development of the mobile medium and ensure that they have a diversified strategy to engage consumers across different touch points - mcommerce isn't just an appendix to ecommerce, and apps aren't just a downloadable declination of mobile-optimized sites," Andreas Piani, general manager of European Arbitron Mobile, told Mobile Commerce Daily.
"It's also crucial to have a plan to deal with the highly fragmented nature of the medium and ensure that all properties are optimized across the prevalent operating systems, device types and screen sizes," he added.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...