News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Univa: Open source a problem for most businesses
While nearly all businesses are using some kind of open source software at this point, the bulk also report having issues with open source programs. Problems which can lead to down time and lost revenue for businesses.
According to the report, conducted by uSAMP for Univa, 76% of businesses surveyed use free and open source software (FOSS) - and 75% report 'having issues' with FOSS products.
"We have always said that users are willing to pay for quality when it comes to Open Source software, and the results of the survey have confirmed as such," said Gary Tyreman, Univa CEO. "A large number of organizations use Open Source Grid Engine as a key ingredient in product development, but as the company grows they can't afford to rely on unsupported Open Source Grid Engine. That is when they can turn to us for peace of mind, scalability and reliability provided by our team and proven Univa Grid Engine."
Those surveyed say they'd like:
• Improved stability (25%)
• Enterprise grade support (22%)
• Ease of use (20%)
• Additional functions (15%)
What's more nearly two-thirds (64%) said they would pay for enterprise grade software products if those products included better support.
The Univa Grid Engine is one platform offering enterprise level support for businesses operating large amounts of data or within critical infrastructures. According to company information, health care modeling company Archimedes integrated the Univa Grid Engine recently; the integration resulted in a savings of 50%
"With Univa Grid Engine, we can continue to scale and decrease deliverable time to our clients," Katrina Montinola, Archimedes' vice president of engineering. "Univa has supported us through the migration and will continue to do so into the future as we continue to grow. If I went to another company that was using purely an open-source Grid Engine, I would take Univa with me to assure this kind of flexibility and security. I know Univa has my back."
Image via Shutterstock
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
- Survey: SMBs drawing a line at Thanksgiving
- Is free enterprise search a game-changer?
- Expert: How mobile is changing customer relationships
- Prediction: Programmatic to push content marketing spend
Featured White Papers
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....