News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Univa: Open source a problem for most businesses
While nearly all businesses are using some kind of open source software at this point, the bulk also report having issues with open source programs. Problems which can lead to down time and lost revenue for businesses.
According to the report, conducted by uSAMP for Univa, 76% of businesses surveyed use free and open source software (FOSS) - and 75% report 'having issues' with FOSS products.
"We have always said that users are willing to pay for quality when it comes to Open Source software, and the results of the survey have confirmed as such," said Gary Tyreman, Univa CEO. "A large number of organizations use Open Source Grid Engine as a key ingredient in product development, but as the company grows they can't afford to rely on unsupported Open Source Grid Engine. That is when they can turn to us for peace of mind, scalability and reliability provided by our team and proven Univa Grid Engine."
Those surveyed say they'd like:
• Improved stability (25%)
• Enterprise grade support (22%)
• Ease of use (20%)
• Additional functions (15%)
What's more nearly two-thirds (64%) said they would pay for enterprise grade software products if those products included better support.
The Univa Grid Engine is one platform offering enterprise level support for businesses operating large amounts of data or within critical infrastructures. According to company information, health care modeling company Archimedes integrated the Univa Grid Engine recently; the integration resulted in a savings of 50%
"With Univa Grid Engine, we can continue to scale and decrease deliverable time to our clients," Katrina Montinola, Archimedes' vice president of engineering. "Univa has supported us through the migration and will continue to do so into the future as we continue to grow. If I went to another company that was using purely an open-source Grid Engine, I would take Univa with me to assure this kind of flexibility and security. I know Univa has my back."
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...