News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: One-quarter of time spent social networking
Chalk another plus is the social networking category: according to new data out from Experian Marketing Services, consumers are now spending about 27% of their online time on social networks or forums (US, UK, Australia). That is a lot of time that brands could use to engage potential customers.
In the US researchers found people are spending 16 minutes in every hour on social networks, according to ; they're spending 9 minutes on entertainment and 5 minutes shopping. In the UK, 13 of every 60 minutes are spent on social networks and in Australia 14 minutes of every hour are spent on socnets.
A new offering from Face could help brands get a stronger handle on the social space. The company, which offers global strategic insights, has launched Pulsar TRAC, a platform which helps brands make direct correlations between social conversations and customer engagement.
"With Pulsar TRAC we are delivering on our vision of social intelligence for brands by helping companies put consumers at the heart of their business, giving them a real time, in depth and holistic view of their customers," said Andrew Needham, CEO of Face. "Researchers and planners have become disillusioned with current social media monitoring tools for a variety of reasons. We have taken all of this into consideration when we developed Pulsar TRAC. This launch is the first in a series of planned product releases from Face, which marks an evolution of the business from a research agency to a technology driven insight consultancy."
Through the tool brands can monitor social conversations, for example, and then map audiences and track how content is disseminated.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...