News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: One-quarter of time spent social networking
Chalk another plus is the social networking category: according to new data out from Experian Marketing Services, consumers are now spending about 27% of their online time on social networks or forums (US, UK, Australia). That is a lot of time that brands could use to engage potential customers.
In the US researchers found people are spending 16 minutes in every hour on social networks, according to ; they're spending 9 minutes on entertainment and 5 minutes shopping. In the UK, 13 of every 60 minutes are spent on social networks and in Australia 14 minutes of every hour are spent on socnets.
A new offering from Face could help brands get a stronger handle on the social space. The company, which offers global strategic insights, has launched Pulsar TRAC, a platform which helps brands make direct correlations between social conversations and customer engagement.
"With Pulsar TRAC we are delivering on our vision of social intelligence for brands by helping companies put consumers at the heart of their business, giving them a real time, in depth and holistic view of their customers," said Andrew Needham, CEO of Face. "Researchers and planners have become disillusioned with current social media monitoring tools for a variety of reasons. We have taken all of this into consideration when we developed Pulsar TRAC. This launch is the first in a series of planned product releases from Face, which marks an evolution of the business from a research agency to a technology driven insight consultancy."
Through the tool brands can monitor social conversations, for example, and then map audiences and track how content is disseminated.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
Featured White Papers
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...