News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: One-quarter of time spent social networking
Chalk another plus is the social networking category: according to new data out from Experian Marketing Services, consumers are now spending about 27% of their online time on social networks or forums (US, UK, Australia). That is a lot of time that brands could use to engage potential customers.
In the US researchers found people are spending 16 minutes in every hour on social networks, according to ; they're spending 9 minutes on entertainment and 5 minutes shopping. In the UK, 13 of every 60 minutes are spent on social networks and in Australia 14 minutes of every hour are spent on socnets.
A new offering from Face could help brands get a stronger handle on the social space. The company, which offers global strategic insights, has launched Pulsar TRAC, a platform which helps brands make direct correlations between social conversations and customer engagement.
"With Pulsar TRAC we are delivering on our vision of social intelligence for brands by helping companies put consumers at the heart of their business, giving them a real time, in depth and holistic view of their customers," said Andrew Needham, CEO of Face. "Researchers and planners have become disillusioned with current social media monitoring tools for a variety of reasons. We have taken all of this into consideration when we developed Pulsar TRAC. This launch is the first in a series of planned product releases from Face, which marks an evolution of the business from a research agency to a technology driven insight consultancy."
Through the tool brands can monitor social conversations, for example, and then map audiences and track how content is disseminated.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...