News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: One-quarter of time spent social networking
Chalk another plus is the social networking category: according to new data out from Experian Marketing Services, consumers are now spending about 27% of their online time on social networks or forums (US, UK, Australia). That is a lot of time that brands could use to engage potential customers.
In the US researchers found people are spending 16 minutes in every hour on social networks, according to ; they're spending 9 minutes on entertainment and 5 minutes shopping. In the UK, 13 of every 60 minutes are spent on social networks and in Australia 14 minutes of every hour are spent on socnets.
A new offering from Face could help brands get a stronger handle on the social space. The company, which offers global strategic insights, has launched Pulsar TRAC, a platform which helps brands make direct correlations between social conversations and customer engagement.
"With Pulsar TRAC we are delivering on our vision of social intelligence for brands by helping companies put consumers at the heart of their business, giving them a real time, in depth and holistic view of their customers," said Andrew Needham, CEO of Face. "Researchers and planners have become disillusioned with current social media monitoring tools for a variety of reasons. We have taken all of this into consideration when we developed Pulsar TRAC. This launch is the first in a series of planned product releases from Face, which marks an evolution of the business from a research agency to a technology driven insight consultancy."
Through the tool brands can monitor social conversations, for example, and then map audiences and track how content is disseminated.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...