News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile commerce, search show strong growth
Look for more ad dollars to push into mobile search and retail, that as new data out from The Search Agency shows strong growth for each sector through Q1 2013. Their data shows that overall ad spending for smartphones increased 68% Year over Year (YOY) while ad spending on tablets increasing more than 100%.
Click volume was also strong via smartphones, increasing 86% YoY. Another indicator that mobile growth will continue: Q1s are historically weak as consumers pay off loaded credit cards from the previous holiday season. But, The Search Agency's report show retail click share (via smartphone) increased more than 80% YoY and nearly 70% Quarter over Quarter (QoQ).
Tablet click share increased more than 70% (YoY) and 13% (QoQ); retail showed the highest click share among mobile verticals.
"2012 was a strong year for search advertising, and mobile and tablets helped drive this growth exponentially. Bing has been ferociously working to grab market share from Google, particularly battling it out on tablet devices," said Keith Wilson, vice president of agency products at The Search Agency. "The study also showed tablets continue to be a driving force - consumers are hitting the tablets to shop and buy, with tablet performance steadily increasing over the past five quarters. I don't see this slowing anytime soon."
Back to search, the report shows that clicks on the product listing ads (PLAs) increased 100% across mobile devices (YoY) and nearly 60% (QoQ). Paid search, meanwhile shows impressions have decreased by about 4% YoY while click-thurs have increased 15%; CPCs have increased more than 8% with the spend across Google and Yahoo/Bing up more than 20%.
The Yahoo/Bing collaboration, especially, is showing strong growth; the Yahoo/Bing share of advertising is more than 20% (smartphone) more than 15% (tablet) YoY.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...