News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile commerce, search show strong growth
Look for more ad dollars to push into mobile search and retail, that as new data out from The Search Agency shows strong growth for each sector through Q1 2013. Their data shows that overall ad spending for smartphones increased 68% Year over Year (YOY) while ad spending on tablets increasing more than 100%.
Click volume was also strong via smartphones, increasing 86% YoY. Another indicator that mobile growth will continue: Q1s are historically weak as consumers pay off loaded credit cards from the previous holiday season. But, The Search Agency's report show retail click share (via smartphone) increased more than 80% YoY and nearly 70% Quarter over Quarter (QoQ).
Tablet click share increased more than 70% (YoY) and 13% (QoQ); retail showed the highest click share among mobile verticals.
"2012 was a strong year for search advertising, and mobile and tablets helped drive this growth exponentially. Bing has been ferociously working to grab market share from Google, particularly battling it out on tablet devices," said Keith Wilson, vice president of agency products at The Search Agency. "The study also showed tablets continue to be a driving force - consumers are hitting the tablets to shop and buy, with tablet performance steadily increasing over the past five quarters. I don't see this slowing anytime soon."
Back to search, the report shows that clicks on the product listing ads (PLAs) increased 100% across mobile devices (YoY) and nearly 60% (QoQ). Paid search, meanwhile shows impressions have decreased by about 4% YoY while click-thurs have increased 15%; CPCs have increased more than 8% with the spend across Google and Yahoo/Bing up more than 20%.
The Yahoo/Bing collaboration, especially, is showing strong growth; the Yahoo/Bing share of advertising is more than 20% (smartphone) more than 15% (tablet) YoY.
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...