News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile commerce, search show strong growth
Look for more ad dollars to push into mobile search and retail, that as new data out from The Search Agency shows strong growth for each sector through Q1 2013. Their data shows that overall ad spending for smartphones increased 68% Year over Year (YOY) while ad spending on tablets increasing more than 100%.
Click volume was also strong via smartphones, increasing 86% YoY. Another indicator that mobile growth will continue: Q1s are historically weak as consumers pay off loaded credit cards from the previous holiday season. But, The Search Agency's report show retail click share (via smartphone) increased more than 80% YoY and nearly 70% Quarter over Quarter (QoQ).
Tablet click share increased more than 70% (YoY) and 13% (QoQ); retail showed the highest click share among mobile verticals.
"2012 was a strong year for search advertising, and mobile and tablets helped drive this growth exponentially. Bing has been ferociously working to grab market share from Google, particularly battling it out on tablet devices," said Keith Wilson, vice president of agency products at The Search Agency. "The study also showed tablets continue to be a driving force - consumers are hitting the tablets to shop and buy, with tablet performance steadily increasing over the past five quarters. I don't see this slowing anytime soon."
Back to search, the report shows that clicks on the product listing ads (PLAs) increased 100% across mobile devices (YoY) and nearly 60% (QoQ). Paid search, meanwhile shows impressions have decreased by about 4% YoY while click-thurs have increased 15%; CPCs have increased more than 8% with the spend across Google and Yahoo/Bing up more than 20%.
The Yahoo/Bing collaboration, especially, is showing strong growth; the Yahoo/Bing share of advertising is more than 20% (smartphone) more than 15% (tablet) YoY.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...