News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile commerce, search show strong growth
Look for more ad dollars to push into mobile search and retail, that as new data out from The Search Agency shows strong growth for each sector through Q1 2013. Their data shows that overall ad spending for smartphones increased 68% Year over Year (YOY) while ad spending on tablets increasing more than 100%.
Click volume was also strong via smartphones, increasing 86% YoY. Another indicator that mobile growth will continue: Q1s are historically weak as consumers pay off loaded credit cards from the previous holiday season. But, The Search Agency's report show retail click share (via smartphone) increased more than 80% YoY and nearly 70% Quarter over Quarter (QoQ).
Tablet click share increased more than 70% (YoY) and 13% (QoQ); retail showed the highest click share among mobile verticals.
"2012 was a strong year for search advertising, and mobile and tablets helped drive this growth exponentially. Bing has been ferociously working to grab market share from Google, particularly battling it out on tablet devices," said Keith Wilson, vice president of agency products at The Search Agency. "The study also showed tablets continue to be a driving force - consumers are hitting the tablets to shop and buy, with tablet performance steadily increasing over the past five quarters. I don't see this slowing anytime soon."
Back to search, the report shows that clicks on the product listing ads (PLAs) increased 100% across mobile devices (YoY) and nearly 60% (QoQ). Paid search, meanwhile shows impressions have decreased by about 4% YoY while click-thurs have increased 15%; CPCs have increased more than 8% with the spend across Google and Yahoo/Bing up more than 20%.
The Yahoo/Bing collaboration, especially, is showing strong growth; the Yahoo/Bing share of advertising is more than 20% (smartphone) more than 15% (tablet) YoY.
- Less than 1 in 10 hotel reservations made via mobile in 2014
- Millennials want convenient, functional and relevant mobile app experience
- Travel Forecast: European Vacations Coming
- Top 3 tips to better engage Hispanic consumers
- YouTube announced 80% YoY mobile growth
- 40% of public relations workers use, but do not engage with, social media
- Consumers find card-linked marketing helpful for special occasions
- More than 40% of UK online transactions made via mobile
Featured White Papers
- Gain Real-time email competitive intelligence with this video
Watch this short webinar today and see for yourself how you can gain access to email competitive data, real-time inbox...
- Digital Marketing: Are You Ready to Go Agile? (Best Practices)
Digital marketing isn't just about the channel, it's the mechanism by which people are creating and sharing experiences; engaging not...
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...