News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: IM/chat users more engaged with ads
Mobile users are multi-taskers. Most businesses know that while watching television many mobile users are also checking social networks, texting or instant messaging with friends. New data from the Simmons Connect report, out from Experian Marketing Services also notes that these mulit-tasking mobile users are also more engaged with ads.
First, about the report. The Simmons Connect data report was culled from a national study which links both self-reported and 'passively captured' consumer data to get a more in-depth look at how consumers are engaging. Through the report, researchers connect both digital and offline media platforms.
"With limited marketing dollars to spread across an increasing number of media platforms, Simmons Connect delivers the ability for marketers to prioritize channels and platforms that consumers actually use," said Simon Bradstock, general manager of consumer insights at Experian Marketing Services. "Moreover, Simmons Connect represents a big step for Experian Marketing Services and our mission of bringing the richest and highest-quality data to the market. This enables forward-thinking marketers to take a consumer insight-driven approach to how they evolve their programs by putting the customer at the center of their cross-channel programs."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 23% of adult, smartphone users access mobile instant messaging/chat features throughout the week
• Mobile IM/chat users are 30% more likely to engage with advertising, and most of these app features are ad supported
• IM/chat users open their apps 20 times per week and remain online for more than 12 minutes per session
• These users are most likely to multi-task from a mobile device between 5pm and 8pm
• 72% say they watch TV and use mobile chat/IM at the same time
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...