News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: IM/chat users more engaged with ads
Mobile users are multi-taskers. Most businesses know that while watching television many mobile users are also checking social networks, texting or instant messaging with friends. New data from the Simmons Connect report, out from Experian Marketing Services also notes that these mulit-tasking mobile users are also more engaged with ads.
First, about the report. The Simmons Connect data report was culled from a national study which links both self-reported and 'passively captured' consumer data to get a more in-depth look at how consumers are engaging. Through the report, researchers connect both digital and offline media platforms.
"With limited marketing dollars to spread across an increasing number of media platforms, Simmons Connect delivers the ability for marketers to prioritize channels and platforms that consumers actually use," said Simon Bradstock, general manager of consumer insights at Experian Marketing Services. "Moreover, Simmons Connect represents a big step for Experian Marketing Services and our mission of bringing the richest and highest-quality data to the market. This enables forward-thinking marketers to take a consumer insight-driven approach to how they evolve their programs by putting the customer at the center of their cross-channel programs."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 23% of adult, smartphone users access mobile instant messaging/chat features throughout the week
• Mobile IM/chat users are 30% more likely to engage with advertising, and most of these app features are ad supported
• IM/chat users open their apps 20 times per week and remain online for more than 12 minutes per session
• These users are most likely to multi-task from a mobile device between 5pm and 8pm
• 72% say they watch TV and use mobile chat/IM at the same time
- Just 6% of consumers always leave a review
- Binge-watching shedding its negative connotations
- Amazon flexing its delivery options in the UK
- Shoppers using mobile for BTS shopping
- Study: Most consumers satisfied with e-gift card buys
- Mobile's role in back to school shopping on the rise
- Report reveals tablet preferences and ownership differences between UK, US, and Oz
- Top 3 tips to improve SMS strategy
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...