News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: IM/chat users more engaged with ads
Mobile users are multi-taskers. Most businesses know that while watching television many mobile users are also checking social networks, texting or instant messaging with friends. New data from the Simmons Connect report, out from Experian Marketing Services also notes that these mulit-tasking mobile users are also more engaged with ads.
First, about the report. The Simmons Connect data report was culled from a national study which links both self-reported and 'passively captured' consumer data to get a more in-depth look at how consumers are engaging. Through the report, researchers connect both digital and offline media platforms.
"With limited marketing dollars to spread across an increasing number of media platforms, Simmons Connect delivers the ability for marketers to prioritize channels and platforms that consumers actually use," said Simon Bradstock, general manager of consumer insights at Experian Marketing Services. "Moreover, Simmons Connect represents a big step for Experian Marketing Services and our mission of bringing the richest and highest-quality data to the market. This enables forward-thinking marketers to take a consumer insight-driven approach to how they evolve their programs by putting the customer at the center of their cross-channel programs."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 23% of adult, smartphone users access mobile instant messaging/chat features throughout the week
• Mobile IM/chat users are 30% more likely to engage with advertising, and most of these app features are ad supported
• IM/chat users open their apps 20 times per week and remain online for more than 12 minutes per session
• These users are most likely to multi-task from a mobile device between 5pm and 8pm
• 72% say they watch TV and use mobile chat/IM at the same time
- Study: 'Digital amnesia' the result of over-reliance on mobile
- New Zealand passes law criminalizing cyberbullying
- U.K.: Marketers concerned about keeping pace with marketing technology
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...