News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Cost to reach job and car minded consumers rising
Blame it on the changing weather patterns if you must, but the cost to reach certain population segments is heating up - right along with the weather in North America. According to new data out from ChoiceStream, the advertiser cost to reach audience segments for automotive and career information rose significantly in March.
One of the sharpest increases, though, was seen in the Holiday/Event category - for Baby Showers, no less. While March was filled with religious holidays, the audience cost for baby showers showed up actual holidays, rising more than 38%. Other hot properties included:
• Career/Customer Service (7% increase)
• Sports/Tennis (14% increase)
• Automotive: Economy (23% increase)
"Some of the results of the Audience Cost Calculator were surprising in March - namely the segments that grew," said Bill Guild, vice president, product management and marketing at ChoiceStream. "The hunt for skilled professionals is clearly on the rise; however, it was interesting to see that the cost of the Baby Shower segment was so much higher than the cost of the major religious holidays that took place in March, such as: Easter, Passover, the appointment of a new Pope, and--of course--Saint Patrick's Day."
All of the top categories indexed over 40% above average; the Holiday & Event: Baby Showers and Careers: Customer Service categories indexed more than 70% above average.
What's interesting about the Automotive segment is that make-specific segments saw decreases in audience costs throughout the month, but again perhaps weather related, performance in the sub-category Automotive: RVs and Automotive: Economy kept the overall category in high demand.
This kind of trend report can help media buyers make smarter buying decisions in the online space; the ChoiceStream Audience Cost Calendar is aggregated each month.
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: New labor laws could impact revenue lines
- Ad Roundup: Mobile, video and ecommerce
- Expert: What Google, Amazon announcements mean for marketers
- Survey: SMBs keying into social
- Survey: Brands leaving app money on the table
- Brands: Why you should prep for cyber attacks
- Fun in the Sun: How to Take a Vacation as a Small Business Owner
- Email Roundup: Solutions to increase targeting
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...