News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Consumers hungry for mobile-friendly restaurant details
When it comes to mobile engagement, the hungry are leading the way. That according to new data out from SinglePlatform at Constant Contact. Researchers found that restaurants lead the way for mobile searches; in fact, 81% of mobile consumers have conducted a search for a restaurant via their mobile device.
More than 90% have searched for a restaurant via web browser (prior 6 months), according to the study. Perhaps even more important, three-quarters of these searchers say they make dining decisions based on search results.
"The results of this survey clearly indicate the need for restaurants to ensure that their menu information is up to date across all online platforms," said Wiley Cerilli, vice president and general manager, SinglePlatform. "Consumers are searching for new restaurants more than they are any other industry. When you take into consideration that 80 percent of consumers think it's important to see a menu before they dine at a restaurant, restaurants stand to tremendously benefit in managing their menus wherever consumers see them."
Other interesting findings include:
• iPhone users are most likely to conduct a restaurant search via smartphone
• 84% say they'll look at multiple restaurant results before making a decision
• 80% say it's 'important to see' menus before dining
• 70% say it's important for restaurant menus to be mobile friendly
"Eighty-four percent of smartphone owners look at more than one online menu when they are making a dining decision. Moreover, 62 percent are less likely to choose a restaurant if they can't read the menu on their mobile device," said Kristen Garvey, vice president of marketing, Chadwick Martin Bailey. "The math is simple - it's no longer okay to ignore your online and mobile presence. If a restaurant's online menu is updated and available on mobile, it has a distinct step-up over competition in terms of conversion."
Chadwick Martin Bailey and Constant Contact collaborated on the report.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...