News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Consumers hungry for mobile-friendly restaurant details
When it comes to mobile engagement, the hungry are leading the way. That according to new data out from SinglePlatform at Constant Contact. Researchers found that restaurants lead the way for mobile searches; in fact, 81% of mobile consumers have conducted a search for a restaurant via their mobile device.
More than 90% have searched for a restaurant via web browser (prior 6 months), according to the study. Perhaps even more important, three-quarters of these searchers say they make dining decisions based on search results.
"The results of this survey clearly indicate the need for restaurants to ensure that their menu information is up to date across all online platforms," said Wiley Cerilli, vice president and general manager, SinglePlatform. "Consumers are searching for new restaurants more than they are any other industry. When you take into consideration that 80 percent of consumers think it's important to see a menu before they dine at a restaurant, restaurants stand to tremendously benefit in managing their menus wherever consumers see them."
Other interesting findings include:
• iPhone users are most likely to conduct a restaurant search via smartphone
• 84% say they'll look at multiple restaurant results before making a decision
• 80% say it's 'important to see' menus before dining
• 70% say it's important for restaurant menus to be mobile friendly
"Eighty-four percent of smartphone owners look at more than one online menu when they are making a dining decision. Moreover, 62 percent are less likely to choose a restaurant if they can't read the menu on their mobile device," said Kristen Garvey, vice president of marketing, Chadwick Martin Bailey. "The math is simple - it's no longer okay to ignore your online and mobile presence. If a restaurant's online menu is updated and available on mobile, it has a distinct step-up over competition in terms of conversion."
Chadwick Martin Bailey and Constant Contact collaborated on the report.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to improve channel data strategy
- Ad Roundup: Video, multichannel launches
- Brands: Why connected content is key to growth
- 2016 festive shopping season will be longer, busier, and break records
- Amazon announces 5x uptick in Dash button use
- Study: Safety key to wearables future
- Study: Half of shoppers look for 'https' or other security symbols online
- Cash, and wallets, soon to be things of the past?
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....