News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile social media engagement is not all about deals and discounts
Mobile video advertising company, Rhythm NewMedia, has published new figures that reveal that consumers are not always after a freebie or coupon when engaging with brands via social media.
According to Rhythm New Media's "Q4 2012 Social Media and Mobile Insights Report", while deals and discounts continue to be a big driver of consumer mobile social media engagement with brands, it's not the main reason.
While 51.9% of mobile social media users Follow brands on Twitter, and 55.9% Like brands on Facebook to bag a discount, more do so to show their support and loyalty - 60.7% and 57.6% respectively.
These results demonstrate to marketers that engaging with mobile social consumers isn't all about deals and promotions and that focus should be on the entire social and mobile experience - customer service, product quality, and exclusive content - to drive and maintain loyalty.
Rhythm's insights also reveal that mobile social media users are extremely active - 74% access Facebook and 63% access Twitter several times a day via a mobile device with smartphones the device on which they most often use Facebook (74%) and Twitter (63%).
Furthermore, the majority of mobile social media users Follow or Like brands on social media sites - 68% currently Like a favorite brand, product, store, or show on Facebook and 56% Follow the same on Twitter.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...