News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile social media engagement is not all about deals and discounts
Mobile video advertising company, Rhythm NewMedia, has published new figures that reveal that consumers are not always after a freebie or coupon when engaging with brands via social media.
According to Rhythm New Media's "Q4 2012 Social Media and Mobile Insights Report", while deals and discounts continue to be a big driver of consumer mobile social media engagement with brands, it's not the main reason.
While 51.9% of mobile social media users Follow brands on Twitter, and 55.9% Like brands on Facebook to bag a discount, more do so to show their support and loyalty - 60.7% and 57.6% respectively.
These results demonstrate to marketers that engaging with mobile social consumers isn't all about deals and promotions and that focus should be on the entire social and mobile experience - customer service, product quality, and exclusive content - to drive and maintain loyalty.
Rhythm's insights also reveal that mobile social media users are extremely active - 74% access Facebook and 63% access Twitter several times a day via a mobile device with smartphones the device on which they most often use Facebook (74%) and Twitter (63%).
Furthermore, the majority of mobile social media users Follow or Like brands on social media sites - 68% currently Like a favorite brand, product, store, or show on Facebook and 56% Follow the same on Twitter.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...