News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile social media engagement is not all about deals and discounts
Mobile video advertising company, Rhythm NewMedia, has published new figures that reveal that consumers are not always after a freebie or coupon when engaging with brands via social media.
According to Rhythm New Media's "Q4 2012 Social Media and Mobile Insights Report", while deals and discounts continue to be a big driver of consumer mobile social media engagement with brands, it's not the main reason.
While 51.9% of mobile social media users Follow brands on Twitter, and 55.9% Like brands on Facebook to bag a discount, more do so to show their support and loyalty - 60.7% and 57.6% respectively.
These results demonstrate to marketers that engaging with mobile social consumers isn't all about deals and promotions and that focus should be on the entire social and mobile experience - customer service, product quality, and exclusive content - to drive and maintain loyalty.
Rhythm's insights also reveal that mobile social media users are extremely active - 74% access Facebook and 63% access Twitter several times a day via a mobile device with smartphones the device on which they most often use Facebook (74%) and Twitter (63%).
Furthermore, the majority of mobile social media users Follow or Like brands on social media sites - 68% currently Like a favorite brand, product, store, or show on Facebook and 56% Follow the same on Twitter.
- Most media chiefs believe fake news is good for business
- Study: Trust, payments annoy marketplace sellers
- Expert: How RegTech will impact 2017
- Top 3 tips to improve your mobile video strategy
- SMBs bemoan relationship with their bank
- 92% of first-time website visitors are there for reasons other than to make a purchase
- Ad Roundup: Retail, ad solutions launched
- Expert IDs drivers for mobile video
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...