News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LivingSocial taps Custora to push repeat buyers
Daily deals have been around for a few years now, but the overwhelming complaint about such deals is that they don't engender loyalty from the customer base. Instead, savvy shoppers are looking for deals, clipping and using, and not returning to the store. One local, online marketplace is hoping to quell that trend and begin pushing loyalty among deal shoppers through a new partnership.
Social marketplace hub LivingSocial has tapped Custora to help engage shoppers at a deeper level. Through LivingSocial consumers buy localized offers and can share those offers through social networks. With the new partnership, LivingSocial hopes to identify higher value customers so that local businesses can drive repeat business.
"Custora is giving us the right tools to analyze individual customer behavior and take action to improve the customer experience," says Barry Judge, Chief Marketing Officer for LivingSocial. "In addition, Custora's fast turnaround was a major benefit for us. Following the first demo, we were up and running in about a month."
"To be successful in today's world of ecommerce, retailers need to be smarter about how they find customers and how they encourage repeat business," said Custora CEO Corey Pierson. "Our technology uses data science to uncover valuable customer insights and enables the whole marketing team to leverage those insights across both online and offline campaigns."
Custora is a predictive analytics platform for etailers; their data will be used to identify high value shoppers on the LivingSocial platform and then predict those shoppers' behaviors. The site will also be able to make the LivingSocial experience more personalized through the data.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...