News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LivingSocial taps Custora to push repeat buyers
Daily deals have been around for a few years now, but the overwhelming complaint about such deals is that they don't engender loyalty from the customer base. Instead, savvy shoppers are looking for deals, clipping and using, and not returning to the store. One local, online marketplace is hoping to quell that trend and begin pushing loyalty among deal shoppers through a new partnership.
Social marketplace hub LivingSocial has tapped Custora to help engage shoppers at a deeper level. Through LivingSocial consumers buy localized offers and can share those offers through social networks. With the new partnership, LivingSocial hopes to identify higher value customers so that local businesses can drive repeat business.
"Custora is giving us the right tools to analyze individual customer behavior and take action to improve the customer experience," says Barry Judge, Chief Marketing Officer for LivingSocial. "In addition, Custora's fast turnaround was a major benefit for us. Following the first demo, we were up and running in about a month."
"To be successful in today's world of ecommerce, retailers need to be smarter about how they find customers and how they encourage repeat business," said Custora CEO Corey Pierson. "Our technology uses data science to uncover valuable customer insights and enables the whole marketing team to leverage those insights across both online and offline campaigns."
Custora is a predictive analytics platform for etailers; their data will be used to identify high value shoppers on the LivingSocial platform and then predict those shoppers' behaviors. The site will also be able to make the LivingSocial experience more personalized through the data.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...