News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LivingSocial taps Custora to push repeat buyers
Daily deals have been around for a few years now, but the overwhelming complaint about such deals is that they don't engender loyalty from the customer base. Instead, savvy shoppers are looking for deals, clipping and using, and not returning to the store. One local, online marketplace is hoping to quell that trend and begin pushing loyalty among deal shoppers through a new partnership.
Social marketplace hub LivingSocial has tapped Custora to help engage shoppers at a deeper level. Through LivingSocial consumers buy localized offers and can share those offers through social networks. With the new partnership, LivingSocial hopes to identify higher value customers so that local businesses can drive repeat business.
"Custora is giving us the right tools to analyze individual customer behavior and take action to improve the customer experience," says Barry Judge, Chief Marketing Officer for LivingSocial. "In addition, Custora's fast turnaround was a major benefit for us. Following the first demo, we were up and running in about a month."
"To be successful in today's world of ecommerce, retailers need to be smarter about how they find customers and how they encourage repeat business," said Custora CEO Corey Pierson. "Our technology uses data science to uncover valuable customer insights and enables the whole marketing team to leverage those insights across both online and offline campaigns."
Custora is a predictive analytics platform for etailers; their data will be used to identify high value shoppers on the LivingSocial platform and then predict those shoppers' behaviors. The site will also be able to make the LivingSocial experience more personalized through the data.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: In mobile, color matters
- Vungle releases ad tool, integrates with Adap.TV
- Multifactor authentication added to RoboForm
- Research reveals which website image format results in happier visitors
- Location accuracy analysis reveals improvement for mobile ad campaigns
- Research reveals Millennials' attitudes toward brands
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...