News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LivingSocial taps Custora to push repeat buyers
Daily deals have been around for a few years now, but the overwhelming complaint about such deals is that they don't engender loyalty from the customer base. Instead, savvy shoppers are looking for deals, clipping and using, and not returning to the store. One local, online marketplace is hoping to quell that trend and begin pushing loyalty among deal shoppers through a new partnership.
Social marketplace hub LivingSocial has tapped Custora to help engage shoppers at a deeper level. Through LivingSocial consumers buy localized offers and can share those offers through social networks. With the new partnership, LivingSocial hopes to identify higher value customers so that local businesses can drive repeat business.
"Custora is giving us the right tools to analyze individual customer behavior and take action to improve the customer experience," says Barry Judge, Chief Marketing Officer for LivingSocial. "In addition, Custora's fast turnaround was a major benefit for us. Following the first demo, we were up and running in about a month."
"To be successful in today's world of ecommerce, retailers need to be smarter about how they find customers and how they encourage repeat business," said Custora CEO Corey Pierson. "Our technology uses data science to uncover valuable customer insights and enables the whole marketing team to leverage those insights across both online and offline campaigns."
Custora is a predictive analytics platform for etailers; their data will be used to identify high value shoppers on the LivingSocial platform and then predict those shoppers' behaviors. The site will also be able to make the LivingSocial experience more personalized through the data.
Image via Shutterstock
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...