News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LivingSocial taps Custora to push repeat buyers
Daily deals have been around for a few years now, but the overwhelming complaint about such deals is that they don't engender loyalty from the customer base. Instead, savvy shoppers are looking for deals, clipping and using, and not returning to the store. One local, online marketplace is hoping to quell that trend and begin pushing loyalty among deal shoppers through a new partnership.
Social marketplace hub LivingSocial has tapped Custora to help engage shoppers at a deeper level. Through LivingSocial consumers buy localized offers and can share those offers through social networks. With the new partnership, LivingSocial hopes to identify higher value customers so that local businesses can drive repeat business.
"Custora is giving us the right tools to analyze individual customer behavior and take action to improve the customer experience," says Barry Judge, Chief Marketing Officer for LivingSocial. "In addition, Custora's fast turnaround was a major benefit for us. Following the first demo, we were up and running in about a month."
"To be successful in today's world of ecommerce, retailers need to be smarter about how they find customers and how they encourage repeat business," said Custora CEO Corey Pierson. "Our technology uses data science to uncover valuable customer insights and enables the whole marketing team to leverage those insights across both online and offline campaigns."
Custora is a predictive analytics platform for etailers; their data will be used to identify high value shoppers on the LivingSocial platform and then predict those shoppers' behaviors. The site will also be able to make the LivingSocial experience more personalized through the data.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...