News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers consider connected, seamless shopping crucial
Online shopping, mobile shopping, in-store shopping - it's all just shopping to consumers who don't distinguish between each channel but who instead want the entire experience to be "seamless".
It's a tall order, says Chris Donnelly, global managing director of Accenture's retail practice, but a seamless shopping experience across multiple channels is what customers expect.
The Accenture Seamless Retail Study, conducted across eight countries, found that half (49%) of consumers think the best way to improve the shopping experience is to make sure that all channels - in-store, online and mobile - are better integrated.
In essence, what consumers want is for retailers to allow them to shop via the channel that is most convenient to them, cited by a whopping 89% of respondents. It's not just consistent branding that consumers want, but a fully connected and integrated shopping experience where even products, pricing and promotions are consistent across channels.
While almost all survey respondents said they found in-store shopping easy, and three-quarters (74%) found online shopping a breeze, mobile is proving to be the channel least satisfying with just 26% saying they found mobile shopping easy.
"In many cases we have found a significant gap between consumer expectations and reality, but we believe seamlessness is achievable," says Donnelly. "Traditional retailers must take stock of their operational capabilities. They require a presence at every stage of the customer journey to deliver a consistently personalized, on-brand experience from discovery through research, purchase, fulfillment and beyond to product maintenance or returns."
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...