News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers consider connected, seamless shopping crucial
Online shopping, mobile shopping, in-store shopping - it's all just shopping to consumers who don't distinguish between each channel but who instead want the entire experience to be "seamless".
It's a tall order, says Chris Donnelly, global managing director of Accenture's retail practice, but a seamless shopping experience across multiple channels is what customers expect.
The Accenture Seamless Retail Study, conducted across eight countries, found that half (49%) of consumers think the best way to improve the shopping experience is to make sure that all channels - in-store, online and mobile - are better integrated.
In essence, what consumers want is for retailers to allow them to shop via the channel that is most convenient to them, cited by a whopping 89% of respondents. It's not just consistent branding that consumers want, but a fully connected and integrated shopping experience where even products, pricing and promotions are consistent across channels.
While almost all survey respondents said they found in-store shopping easy, and three-quarters (74%) found online shopping a breeze, mobile is proving to be the channel least satisfying with just 26% saying they found mobile shopping easy.
"In many cases we have found a significant gap between consumer expectations and reality, but we believe seamlessness is achievable," says Donnelly. "Traditional retailers must take stock of their operational capabilities. They require a presence at every stage of the customer journey to deliver a consistently personalized, on-brand experience from discovery through research, purchase, fulfillment and beyond to product maintenance or returns."
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...