News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers consider connected, seamless shopping crucial
Online shopping, mobile shopping, in-store shopping - it's all just shopping to consumers who don't distinguish between each channel but who instead want the entire experience to be "seamless".
It's a tall order, says Chris Donnelly, global managing director of Accenture's retail practice, but a seamless shopping experience across multiple channels is what customers expect.
The Accenture Seamless Retail Study, conducted across eight countries, found that half (49%) of consumers think the best way to improve the shopping experience is to make sure that all channels - in-store, online and mobile - are better integrated.
In essence, what consumers want is for retailers to allow them to shop via the channel that is most convenient to them, cited by a whopping 89% of respondents. It's not just consistent branding that consumers want, but a fully connected and integrated shopping experience where even products, pricing and promotions are consistent across channels.
While almost all survey respondents said they found in-store shopping easy, and three-quarters (74%) found online shopping a breeze, mobile is proving to be the channel least satisfying with just 26% saying they found mobile shopping easy.
"In many cases we have found a significant gap between consumer expectations and reality, but we believe seamlessness is achievable," says Donnelly. "Traditional retailers must take stock of their operational capabilities. They require a presence at every stage of the customer journey to deliver a consistently personalized, on-brand experience from discovery through research, purchase, fulfillment and beyond to product maintenance or returns."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...