News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BayGroup, Janrain announcements underline customer conversation trend
Two moves in the online space this week underline the growing trend of following customer conversations to lead to deeper engagement. Here's how:
First, from Janrain, an integration between their social login product and Google+. Janrain's social login allows shoppers to 'sign in' to etailers sites using existing social network accounts like Facebook. This offers the shopper one less password to remember and also gives etailers access to rich social data to give shoppers a more relevant on-site experience.
The new integration allows users to add Google+ as a login option to the Janrain User Management Platform.
"Consumers place a significant amount of trust in their online identity providers, which is why social login is so popular. We're pleased to see Google trending in a positive direction," said Larry Drebes, CEO of Janrain. "The integration of Google+ Sign-In is a significant milestone in our efforts to offer the broadest range of technology support so our customers such as NPR, HSN and Universal Music Group can capture key profile data that allows them to improve customer engagement and marketing."
Meanwhile Corporate Visions has acquired BayGroup International, which should give the company a foothold into the customer conversation realm. BayGroup is a sales negotiation and training company.
"When we decided to expand our presence in the 'customer conversation' category, it was clear in speaking with sales leaders that the BayGroup brand and solution was the best fit, and provided the highest level of impact and experience within the industry," said Joe Terry, CEO of Corporate Visions. "It's also a perfect complement to what we do. Corporate Visions helps customers with differentiation, while BayGroup helps them maximize and capture the created value. Both are major moments of truth in the buying cycle where great messaging content and skills are required."
Later this year, the companies are expected to announce plans for a joint product.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...