News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
78% of Australian SMB marketers plan increase in social media use
A recent survey in Australia of more than 200 small businesses found that over three-quarters plan to spend more time and energy on social media activity over the coming 12 months.
Australian financial services firm, Bibby, has released their latest Bibby Barometer small business survey and found that previous social media success is driving more and more firms to adopt social media strategies.
Almost two-thirds of businesses (65%) surveyed reported social media has helped business growth over the past year. The majority are using social media to raise brand awareness and acquire new customers, while 40% use the channel to generate new sales and 44% take advantage of networking opportunities. A third of businesses said social media helped improve customer service and 22% used it to recruit new staff.
Business confidence in the ability of social media to drive customer acquisition and sales has led to 78% of the firms surveyed by Bibby to plan more investment of time and resources in the channel over the next 12 months. Around half of those intend to use major channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
"With optimism on the rise and confidence in sales growth at levels not seen since July 2011, it is not surprising that businesses are using social media to generate new business and raise their profile," said Gary Green, National Sales Director at Bibby. "We believe small businesses are more willing to think outside the box in terms of promoting themselves and embark on new marketing strategies."
Young entrepreneurs were the most likely to use social media (66%), found the survey, compared to older business owners aged 40-64 years (39%).
The full Bibby Barometer findings can be downloaded here.
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...