News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
78% of Australian SMB marketers plan increase in social media use
A recent survey in Australia of more than 200 small businesses found that over three-quarters plan to spend more time and energy on social media activity over the coming 12 months.
Australian financial services firm, Bibby, has released their latest Bibby Barometer small business survey and found that previous social media success is driving more and more firms to adopt social media strategies.
Almost two-thirds of businesses (65%) surveyed reported social media has helped business growth over the past year. The majority are using social media to raise brand awareness and acquire new customers, while 40% use the channel to generate new sales and 44% take advantage of networking opportunities. A third of businesses said social media helped improve customer service and 22% used it to recruit new staff.
Business confidence in the ability of social media to drive customer acquisition and sales has led to 78% of the firms surveyed by Bibby to plan more investment of time and resources in the channel over the next 12 months. Around half of those intend to use major channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
"With optimism on the rise and confidence in sales growth at levels not seen since July 2011, it is not surprising that businesses are using social media to generate new business and raise their profile," said Gary Green, National Sales Director at Bibby. "We believe small businesses are more willing to think outside the box in terms of promoting themselves and embark on new marketing strategies."
Young entrepreneurs were the most likely to use social media (66%), found the survey, compared to older business owners aged 40-64 years (39%).
The full Bibby Barometer findings can be downloaded here.
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...