News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
70% of mobile searches lead to consumer action
Just as companies who fail to optimize email messages for mobile are at risk of undermining campaign success, so are those whose websites are not mobile-friendly.
New research from iAcquire and SurveyMonkey found that 4 in 10 consumers will ignore websites that don't render correctly on a small screen. Despite the rise of mobile, many companies are yet to realize the importance of mobile-optimization to their marketing campaigns.
According to the research, part two of a three-part series on consumer behavior by iAcquire and SurveyMonkey, mobile search works, and it works well. A whopping 70% of mobile searches were found to lead to action on a website within just 1 hour of the search.
However, while mobile search may be an successful driver of traffic to a website, there's a sure-fire way to ensure failure, and that's to operate a website that isn't mobile-friendly.
The research found that 40% of mobile searchers will quickly move on to another website if the one they have found is unsuitable for use or viewing on their mobile device. And, considering a mobile searcher's potential for action on that website it's a great loss indeed.
It's also important to note that it is smaller screens on which most mobile searchers will be viewing a website. While 40% use mobile search on a tablet, 60% are searching via a smartphone.
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...