News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YouTube hits 1 billion milestone
Over six years ago, Google bought YouTube. Today, their $1.65 billion investment is proving its worth. A recent announcement from Google reveals that YouTube now has 1 billion monthly users.
Almost 1 in 2 people on the Internet now use YouTube making its monthly viewership equivalent to the third largest country in the world, behind China and India.
"PSY and Madonna would have to repeat their Madison Square Garden performance in front of a packed house 200,000 more times," wrote YouTube in its latest blog post. "That's a lot of Gangnam Style."
YouTube is now only second to Google itself in terms of the most search queries and could be a threat to Facebook as the world's largest social network.
Furthermore, comScore recently reported that Google was the driving force behind the 3.8 billion minutes of streaming video ads during February, 2012. YouTube served up an all-time record of 2.2 billion video ads during that month.
Earlier this week, Google announced that Google Trends will now include YouTube content going back to 2008.
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...