News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YouTube hits 1 billion milestone
Over six years ago, Google bought YouTube. Today, their $1.65 billion investment is proving its worth. A recent announcement from Google reveals that YouTube now has 1 billion monthly users.
Almost 1 in 2 people on the Internet now use YouTube making its monthly viewership equivalent to the third largest country in the world, behind China and India.
"PSY and Madonna would have to repeat their Madison Square Garden performance in front of a packed house 200,000 more times," wrote YouTube in its latest blog post. "That's a lot of Gangnam Style."
YouTube is now only second to Google itself in terms of the most search queries and could be a threat to Facebook as the world's largest social network.
Furthermore, comScore recently reported that Google was the driving force behind the 3.8 billion minutes of streaming video ads during February, 2012. YouTube served up an all-time record of 2.2 billion video ads during that month.
Earlier this week, Google announced that Google Trends will now include YouTube content going back to 2008.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...