News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YouTube hits 1 billion milestone
Over six years ago, Google bought YouTube. Today, their $1.65 billion investment is proving its worth. A recent announcement from Google reveals that YouTube now has 1 billion monthly users.
Almost 1 in 2 people on the Internet now use YouTube making its monthly viewership equivalent to the third largest country in the world, behind China and India.
"PSY and Madonna would have to repeat their Madison Square Garden performance in front of a packed house 200,000 more times," wrote YouTube in its latest blog post. "That's a lot of Gangnam Style."
YouTube is now only second to Google itself in terms of the most search queries and could be a threat to Facebook as the world's largest social network.
Furthermore, comScore recently reported that Google was the driving force behind the 3.8 billion minutes of streaming video ads during February, 2012. YouTube served up an all-time record of 2.2 billion video ads during that month.
Earlier this week, Google announced that Google Trends will now include YouTube content going back to 2008.
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...