News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YouTube hits 1 billion milestone
Over six years ago, Google bought YouTube. Today, their $1.65 billion investment is proving its worth. A recent announcement from Google reveals that YouTube now has 1 billion monthly users.
Almost 1 in 2 people on the Internet now use YouTube making its monthly viewership equivalent to the third largest country in the world, behind China and India.
"PSY and Madonna would have to repeat their Madison Square Garden performance in front of a packed house 200,000 more times," wrote YouTube in its latest blog post. "That's a lot of Gangnam Style."
YouTube is now only second to Google itself in terms of the most search queries and could be a threat to Facebook as the world's largest social network.
Furthermore, comScore recently reported that Google was the driving force behind the 3.8 billion minutes of streaming video ads during February, 2012. YouTube served up an all-time record of 2.2 billion video ads during that month.
Earlier this week, Google announced that Google Trends will now include YouTube content going back to 2008.
- Six ways to increase the performance of your Pinterest Pins
- Personalization key to becoming a 'Best Friend Brand'
- Young mobile users annoyed by ads in apps
- Top 3 tips to harness dark social data
- Report: M:Commerce share up one-third
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
Featured White Papers
- How to Create a Mobile Device Storefront
It is estimated that 55% of Americans regularly shop online at an average of 15.6 online purchases per year. However,...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Here's why the savvy ones in the business are outsourcing their content right now (and why you should be, too)....