News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Websites receive more traffic from tablets than smartphones
The most recent Adobe Digital Index, released today, reveals that websites around the globe now receive more traffic from tablets than from smartphones.
After analyzing more than 100 billion visits to more than 1,000 websites, Adobe estimates that 8% of traffic now originates from tablets. Slightly less, 7%, comes from smartphones and the rest is attributed to desktop and laptop PCs.
The countries covered in Adobe's analysis were the U.S., U.K., Australia, Canada, China, Japan, France, and Germany. The biggest margin of difference between smartphone and tablet web traffic was found in the U.K. where 12.2% originated from tablets and 7.4 smartphones. In the US, the gap is narrower with 9.1% for tablets and 7.4% for smartphones.
"In Japan and China, however, smartphones remain the mobile browsing device of choice," writes Adobe manager and primary analyst on the Digital Index, Tyler White. "This is not surprising given the smartphone capabilities that have existed in Japan for years and the high costs of tablets and high speed mobile access in China."
The reason for tablet traffic exceeding smartphones is simple - people prefer to use the larger mobile device for more in-depth browsing. Consequently they are more valuable in terms of ecommerce and engagement. Adobe found that tablet users visit 70% more pages on a website than smartphone users and spend more per transaction.
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...