News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Websites receive more traffic from tablets than smartphones
The most recent Adobe Digital Index, released today, reveals that websites around the globe now receive more traffic from tablets than from smartphones.
After analyzing more than 100 billion visits to more than 1,000 websites, Adobe estimates that 8% of traffic now originates from tablets. Slightly less, 7%, comes from smartphones and the rest is attributed to desktop and laptop PCs.
The countries covered in Adobe's analysis were the U.S., U.K., Australia, Canada, China, Japan, France, and Germany. The biggest margin of difference between smartphone and tablet web traffic was found in the U.K. where 12.2% originated from tablets and 7.4 smartphones. In the US, the gap is narrower with 9.1% for tablets and 7.4% for smartphones.
"In Japan and China, however, smartphones remain the mobile browsing device of choice," writes Adobe manager and primary analyst on the Digital Index, Tyler White. "This is not surprising given the smartphone capabilities that have existed in Japan for years and the high costs of tablets and high speed mobile access in China."
The reason for tablet traffic exceeding smartphones is simple - people prefer to use the larger mobile device for more in-depth browsing. Consequently they are more valuable in terms of ecommerce and engagement. Adobe found that tablet users visit 70% more pages on a website than smartphone users and spend more per transaction.
- Binge-viewing is booming but it is a lonely activity
- IAB UK: Not all ad blockers want to block all ads
- Top 4 tips to reduce holiday fraud
- Expert: How telecoms can do better at customer service
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...