News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video ads: Choice beats interruption
New research from Sharethrough and Nielsen hammers home the message that choice beats interruption when it comes to video advertising.
When Sharethrough and Nielsen compared pre-roll to native video ads, they found that native ads were far more effective at increasing brand lift.
Native ads (user-initiated video) were found to create 82% brand lift compared to pre-roll (auto-playing on user-selected content under 30 seconds in length) which created just 2.1% brand lift.
Those who were exposed to pre-roll ad units were 29.3% more likely to report they viewed the brand "unfavorably" or "very unfavorably" than those who had not been exposed to the campaign.
The research confirms what many already know - consumers prefer choice above being forced to watch an ad.
"While we've always considered it to be self-evident that choice beats interruption, sometimes you just need data to help hammer home the case," said Sharepoint VP of Marketing and Communications, Chris Schreiber.
According to the study, over 24 billion videos were streamed online in the U.S. in December, 2012, during which time consumers spent 360 billion minutes online.
- Google adds business foot-traffic data to search
- 15% of Americans do not use the Internet
- By 2020, wearables will account for one-fifth of mobile transactions
- Brands: How to use programmatic TV buys to your advantage
- Top 3 tips that will help you use location more accurately
- Expert: How brands can ensure both worker mobility and business security
- Number of Mobile Addicts up 59% YoY
- Massive mobile ad fraud uncovered
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...