News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TripAdvisor first travel review site to reach 100 million reviews
With more than two million tourism businesses in more than 116,000 destinations across the globe, TripAdvisor has announced it is the first travel review website to reach 100 million reviews, a 50% year-on-year increase.
A study by PhoCusWright, commissioned by TripAdvisor, reveals that, for the vast majority of its users (87%) the reviews give them more confidence in their travel-related decisions.
And, according to eight out of 10 users, TripAdvisor reviews helped them have a better trip.
"The benefit of the wisdom of the crowds is increasingly supplemented by the wisdom of friends, as Facebook-connected users currently submit 35% of new reviews on TripAdvisor," said the company in a recent announcement. "With the integration of Facebook on TripAdvisor, this means that travelers are able to see and share valuable perspectives with their own friends and their friends' friends."
TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 200 million unique monthly visitors. More facts about the review site include:
- TripAdvisor has reviews on hotel in every country in the world, except the Vatican City;
- 16 attractions feature more than 5,000 reviews. Central Park in NYC being the most-reviewed with 11,993;
- 26 hotels have more than 5,000 reviews, the most-reviewed being the Luxor in Las Vegas with 9,904 reviews.
Earlier research by PhoCusWright found that more than half of the review site's users would not consider booking accommodation that had no reviews while extreme comments are ignored by 6 in 10. Of the 2,739 users of TripAdvisor surveyed, 53% said they would not make a booking if there was no review on the website.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....