News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TripAdvisor first travel review site to reach 100 million reviews
With more than two million tourism businesses in more than 116,000 destinations across the globe, TripAdvisor has announced it is the first travel review website to reach 100 million reviews, a 50% year-on-year increase.
A study by PhoCusWright, commissioned by TripAdvisor, reveals that, for the vast majority of its users (87%) the reviews give them more confidence in their travel-related decisions.
And, according to eight out of 10 users, TripAdvisor reviews helped them have a better trip.
"The benefit of the wisdom of the crowds is increasingly supplemented by the wisdom of friends, as Facebook-connected users currently submit 35% of new reviews on TripAdvisor," said the company in a recent announcement. "With the integration of Facebook on TripAdvisor, this means that travelers are able to see and share valuable perspectives with their own friends and their friends' friends."
TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 200 million unique monthly visitors. More facts about the review site include:
- TripAdvisor has reviews on hotel in every country in the world, except the Vatican City;
- 16 attractions feature more than 5,000 reviews. Central Park in NYC being the most-reviewed with 11,993;
- 26 hotels have more than 5,000 reviews, the most-reviewed being the Luxor in Las Vegas with 9,904 reviews.
Earlier research by PhoCusWright found that more than half of the review site's users would not consider booking accommodation that had no reviews while extreme comments are ignored by 6 in 10. Of the 2,739 users of TripAdvisor surveyed, 53% said they would not make a booking if there was no review on the website.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...