News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TripAdvisor first travel review site to reach 100 million reviews
With more than two million tourism businesses in more than 116,000 destinations across the globe, TripAdvisor has announced it is the first travel review website to reach 100 million reviews, a 50% year-on-year increase.
A study by PhoCusWright, commissioned by TripAdvisor, reveals that, for the vast majority of its users (87%) the reviews give them more confidence in their travel-related decisions.
And, according to eight out of 10 users, TripAdvisor reviews helped them have a better trip.
"The benefit of the wisdom of the crowds is increasingly supplemented by the wisdom of friends, as Facebook-connected users currently submit 35% of new reviews on TripAdvisor," said the company in a recent announcement. "With the integration of Facebook on TripAdvisor, this means that travelers are able to see and share valuable perspectives with their own friends and their friends' friends."
TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 200 million unique monthly visitors. More facts about the review site include:
- TripAdvisor has reviews on hotel in every country in the world, except the Vatican City;
- 16 attractions feature more than 5,000 reviews. Central Park in NYC being the most-reviewed with 11,993;
- 26 hotels have more than 5,000 reviews, the most-reviewed being the Luxor in Las Vegas with 9,904 reviews.
Earlier research by PhoCusWright found that more than half of the review site's users would not consider booking accommodation that had no reviews while extreme comments are ignored by 6 in 10. Of the 2,739 users of TripAdvisor surveyed, 53% said they would not make a booking if there was no review on the website.
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
- Top tips for a better 2016 IT strategy
- Click-and-collect drives additional in-store sales
- Oxford Dictionaries announces 'word of the year' and it is not a word
- Last-minute shopping on the rise during holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...