News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tax tips for SMBs
Now that we're in to March businesses around the US are eyeing receipts, contracts and employee paychecks from 2012, looking for deductions and getting things ready for the Taxman. Small businesses, even sole proprietors are no different. Here are three tips that may help SMBs ready for tax season:
First, get those receipts in order. And while you're at it, start a filing system for 2013 receipts to make the transition simpler in the years to come.
Xero certified accountant Jody Padar suggests, "Establish and maintain an accurate system for storing your recipes. Today's cloud-storage technologies offer a gamut of easy and affordable ways for SMBs to keep track of their expenses. There are even accounting solutions such as Xero that have mobile receipt upload. One click from your camera on an iOS or android device and bid adieu to the crumpled receipt."
Second, broaden your knowledge of the Payroll and Healthcare Taxes
Third, take advantage of business beautification and/or home office deductions. There is an extension for 2013 that will allow businesses to deduct qualifying equipment or software upgrades, up to $500,000. Research this and find out what you should be upgrading now. Also, home office deductions can help many small businesses.
"Starting in 2013, the home office deduction offers a simplified form that caps the home office deduction at $1,500. The key words here are simplified tax form. Home office deductions can be confusing, complicated and a time suck. And, time = money for the small business owner, so this new form is a great option for those who choose not to spend the time calculating home offices expenses, depreciation and carryovers of unused deductions," said Padar.
- UK mobile advertising spend tops $1.6 billion in 2013
- Reports: MCommerce up 35%, are tablets taking over?
- SMBs: Top tips to improve customer engagement in 2014
- Brands: Why you should consider one more email
- How to better use keywords in 2014
- How analytics will change 2014
- comScore video rankings records surge in video ads
- Report: Breakthrough Moments pushing engagement
Featured White Papers
- 9 Essentials of Online Opinion Monitoring
Back in the day, marketing was a polished monologue. Now with the rise of self-publishing on the internet, the monologue...
- Social Business Study Guide
Today, social media success means something different to every organization. Brands participate in social to build customer loyalty, drive sales,...
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...