News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tool ids shoppers who click then shop in-store
A new mobile measuring stick is available. From Sense Networks comes mClick-to-Visit Analytics, which tells retailers which consumers clicked a mobile ad and then visited a retail location. The tool is location based.
According to Sense Networks mobile clicks are leading more shoppers into stores than many experts believe. Shoppers who clicked ads were 18 times more likely to visit a store, say researchers. In fact their data shows between 3% and 6% of shoppers who clicked a mobile ad served by Sense Networks then visited a retail location; those numbers are quite a bit higher than the 0.51% visitation rate from a recent Inmar report.
"While marketers and brands believe that mobile advertising is an effective way to reach the consumer, until now they have struggled to prove its ROI," said David Petersen, CEO, Sense Networks. "While click-through-rates have been useful to show how many users are viewing an ad, they can't prove that it has led the user to take action. mClick-to-Visit Analytics is changing how marketers think about and measure the effectiveness of a mobile ad campaign. This new approach to mobile ad reporting is going to change the mobile industry and will provide the missing link that will propel it forward."
The mClick-to-Measure tool takes into account the location of the mobile users to the store, uses mobile shopping survey to get real time analytics about purchases and then models the behaviors and information gathered to provide advertisers with the results.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...