News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tool ids shoppers who click then shop in-store
A new mobile measuring stick is available. From Sense Networks comes mClick-to-Visit Analytics, which tells retailers which consumers clicked a mobile ad and then visited a retail location. The tool is location based.
According to Sense Networks mobile clicks are leading more shoppers into stores than many experts believe. Shoppers who clicked ads were 18 times more likely to visit a store, say researchers. In fact their data shows between 3% and 6% of shoppers who clicked a mobile ad served by Sense Networks then visited a retail location; those numbers are quite a bit higher than the 0.51% visitation rate from a recent Inmar report.
"While marketers and brands believe that mobile advertising is an effective way to reach the consumer, until now they have struggled to prove its ROI," said David Petersen, CEO, Sense Networks. "While click-through-rates have been useful to show how many users are viewing an ad, they can't prove that it has led the user to take action. mClick-to-Visit Analytics is changing how marketers think about and measure the effectiveness of a mobile ad campaign. This new approach to mobile ad reporting is going to change the mobile industry and will provide the missing link that will propel it forward."
The mClick-to-Measure tool takes into account the location of the mobile users to the store, uses mobile shopping survey to get real time analytics about purchases and then models the behaviors and information gathered to provide advertisers with the results.
Image via Shutterstock
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...