News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online video primetime same schedule as TV
The popularity of primetime television ad slots is obvious; consumers settling down to an evening on the couch, in front of the box, relaxing with their favorite programming. TubeMogul wanted to know if there was a similar peak period for online video. It turns out there is - and it's the same as television.
While consumers are enjoying their primetime television, they're also enjoying online video content. Recent research by TubeMogul found that, as for television, online video primetime is between 8pm and 11pm. Between these hours, more pre-roll impressions take place than in any other 4-hour block during the day, peaking at 11pm, and reflecting 4.5% of the day's views.
Also during that time, online viewers were not only more engaged with video advertising, but there was a significant lift in brand favorability - 6.9% - triple the 2.1% for the rest of the day. Ad viewers also expressed slightly higher purchase intent during primetime rising from 1.6% to 1.8%.
"The most significant finding is that viewers are far more likely to remember a brand message - and plan to act on it - during traditional primetime hours (between 8PM and midnight)," says TubeMogul. "In terms of video ads available for real-time buying, the last three months are worth noting. An additional 100 million pre-roll impressions per day were brought online compared to earlier in the year, likely the cause of CPM inflation easing."
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...