News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online video primetime same schedule as TV
The popularity of primetime television ad slots is obvious; consumers settling down to an evening on the couch, in front of the box, relaxing with their favorite programming. TubeMogul wanted to know if there was a similar peak period for online video. It turns out there is - and it's the same as television.
While consumers are enjoying their primetime television, they're also enjoying online video content. Recent research by TubeMogul found that, as for television, online video primetime is between 8pm and 11pm. Between these hours, more pre-roll impressions take place than in any other 4-hour block during the day, peaking at 11pm, and reflecting 4.5% of the day's views.
Also during that time, online viewers were not only more engaged with video advertising, but there was a significant lift in brand favorability - 6.9% - triple the 2.1% for the rest of the day. Ad viewers also expressed slightly higher purchase intent during primetime rising from 1.6% to 1.8%.
"The most significant finding is that viewers are far more likely to remember a brand message - and plan to act on it - during traditional primetime hours (between 8PM and midnight)," says TubeMogul. "In terms of video ads available for real-time buying, the last three months are worth noting. An additional 100 million pre-roll impressions per day were brought online compared to earlier in the year, likely the cause of CPM inflation easing."
Image via Shutterstock
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...