News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online video primetime same schedule as TV
The popularity of primetime television ad slots is obvious; consumers settling down to an evening on the couch, in front of the box, relaxing with their favorite programming. TubeMogul wanted to know if there was a similar peak period for online video. It turns out there is - and it's the same as television.
While consumers are enjoying their primetime television, they're also enjoying online video content. Recent research by TubeMogul found that, as for television, online video primetime is between 8pm and 11pm. Between these hours, more pre-roll impressions take place than in any other 4-hour block during the day, peaking at 11pm, and reflecting 4.5% of the day's views.
Also during that time, online viewers were not only more engaged with video advertising, but there was a significant lift in brand favorability - 6.9% - triple the 2.1% for the rest of the day. Ad viewers also expressed slightly higher purchase intent during primetime rising from 1.6% to 1.8%.
"The most significant finding is that viewers are far more likely to remember a brand message - and plan to act on it - during traditional primetime hours (between 8PM and midnight)," says TubeMogul. "In terms of video ads available for real-time buying, the last three months are worth noting. An additional 100 million pre-roll impressions per day were brought online compared to earlier in the year, likely the cause of CPM inflation easing."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...