News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online video primetime same schedule as TV
The popularity of primetime television ad slots is obvious; consumers settling down to an evening on the couch, in front of the box, relaxing with their favorite programming. TubeMogul wanted to know if there was a similar peak period for online video. It turns out there is - and it's the same as television.
While consumers are enjoying their primetime television, they're also enjoying online video content. Recent research by TubeMogul found that, as for television, online video primetime is between 8pm and 11pm. Between these hours, more pre-roll impressions take place than in any other 4-hour block during the day, peaking at 11pm, and reflecting 4.5% of the day's views.
Also during that time, online viewers were not only more engaged with video advertising, but there was a significant lift in brand favorability - 6.9% - triple the 2.1% for the rest of the day. Ad viewers also expressed slightly higher purchase intent during primetime rising from 1.6% to 1.8%.
"The most significant finding is that viewers are far more likely to remember a brand message - and plan to act on it - during traditional primetime hours (between 8PM and midnight)," says TubeMogul. "In terms of video ads available for real-time buying, the last three months are worth noting. An additional 100 million pre-roll impressions per day were brought online compared to earlier in the year, likely the cause of CPM inflation easing."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Safety key to wearables future
- Study: Half of shoppers look for 'https' or other security symbols online
- Cash, and wallets, soon to be things of the past?
- Expert: How Siri, Echo are changing content needs
- Costumes are big business again this Halloween
- Mobile to play increasing role in holiday season shopping
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....