News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Text option released from Bronto
There is a new way for consumers to connect with marketers: texting. But not in the way you think. This week Bronto has released a new tool which allows consumers to text a company to join promotional lists; the free feature is one more way brands an utilize mobile to create a stronger consumer connection.
"Text-to-Join is a great way for retailers to drive signups because it's such an effective and widespread medium," said Joe Colopy, CEO of Bronto. "With the majority of consumers tied to their mobile phone during shopping, it's a matter of creating a relevant experience using the right medium. In recent months, we've been innovating to help marketers grow revenue by remarketing to current customers. We also recognize that acquisition and list growth are among the top priorities for marketers, so we wanted to make Text-to-Join easily accessible to them."
The platform is simple from a marketing standpoint. First, the retailer or marketer adopts a keyword which shoppers then use to 'join' a promotional list - a frequent dining club at a restaurant, for example. The marketer then creates an auto-responder message to be sent when the shopper texts that campaign keyword. Once opted in, shoppers are attached to lists and promotional ads are sent in a traditional fashion.
The text-to-join option can be advertised or promoted on shopping bags, shipping containers or any other ad medium - including online, social and mobile sites.
The platform can also leverage QR or short message codes which can be used at check-out.
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...