News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: SMBs believe social 'effective' way to reach customers
The social space isn't just a place to reconnect with old school friends. More and more small businesses are moving in to social hoping to connect with new business. According to new data out from Constant Contact more than half of small business owners believe Facebook is a good way to engage customers; one-quarter believe Twitter and LinkedIn are good social tools.
Although small businesses believe social networks are a good marketing tool, most don't think they have the skill set to properly use the social space to their advantage. Constant Contact recently surveyed SMBs and found that while most believe socnets like Facebook are 'effective' marketing tools 54% also say the social marketing space is the place they need the most help.
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 82% believe Facebook is the most effective social network
• 29% believe LinkedIn is the most effective social network
• 25% say Twitter is the most effective
YouTube and Pinterest were seen as effective by less than 20% of small businesses, but they are also two of the harder to negotiate social spaces for small businesses.
Meanwhile, although SMBs believe the social space is a good place to engage and interact with shoppers, fewer than 20% post daily to Twitter or weekly to LinkedIn.
As for small business confidence, the Constant Contact report notes that revenue increases of 10% or more in 2012 were reported by only one-third (38%) of those surveyed; at the mid-year point half of small businesses surveyed believe revenue would increase by more than 10%. Nearly one-quarter (23%) reported flat revenue for the year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...