News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: SMBs believe social 'effective' way to reach customers
The social space isn't just a place to reconnect with old school friends. More and more small businesses are moving in to social hoping to connect with new business. According to new data out from Constant Contact more than half of small business owners believe Facebook is a good way to engage customers; one-quarter believe Twitter and LinkedIn are good social tools.
Although small businesses believe social networks are a good marketing tool, most don't think they have the skill set to properly use the social space to their advantage. Constant Contact recently surveyed SMBs and found that while most believe socnets like Facebook are 'effective' marketing tools 54% also say the social marketing space is the place they need the most help.
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 82% believe Facebook is the most effective social network
• 29% believe LinkedIn is the most effective social network
• 25% say Twitter is the most effective
YouTube and Pinterest were seen as effective by less than 20% of small businesses, but they are also two of the harder to negotiate social spaces for small businesses.
Meanwhile, although SMBs believe the social space is a good place to engage and interact with shoppers, fewer than 20% post daily to Twitter or weekly to LinkedIn.
As for small business confidence, the Constant Contact report notes that revenue increases of 10% or more in 2012 were reported by only one-third (38%) of those surveyed; at the mid-year point half of small businesses surveyed believe revenue would increase by more than 10%. Nearly one-quarter (23%) reported flat revenue for the year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....