News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: SMBs believe social 'effective' way to reach customers
The social space isn't just a place to reconnect with old school friends. More and more small businesses are moving in to social hoping to connect with new business. According to new data out from Constant Contact more than half of small business owners believe Facebook is a good way to engage customers; one-quarter believe Twitter and LinkedIn are good social tools.
Although small businesses believe social networks are a good marketing tool, most don't think they have the skill set to properly use the social space to their advantage. Constant Contact recently surveyed SMBs and found that while most believe socnets like Facebook are 'effective' marketing tools 54% also say the social marketing space is the place they need the most help.
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 82% believe Facebook is the most effective social network
• 29% believe LinkedIn is the most effective social network
• 25% say Twitter is the most effective
YouTube and Pinterest were seen as effective by less than 20% of small businesses, but they are also two of the harder to negotiate social spaces for small businesses.
Meanwhile, although SMBs believe the social space is a good place to engage and interact with shoppers, fewer than 20% post daily to Twitter or weekly to LinkedIn.
As for small business confidence, the Constant Contact report notes that revenue increases of 10% or more in 2012 were reported by only one-third (38%) of those surveyed; at the mid-year point half of small businesses surveyed believe revenue would increase by more than 10%. Nearly one-quarter (23%) reported flat revenue for the year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...