News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: SMBs believe social 'effective' way to reach customers
The social space isn't just a place to reconnect with old school friends. More and more small businesses are moving in to social hoping to connect with new business. According to new data out from Constant Contact more than half of small business owners believe Facebook is a good way to engage customers; one-quarter believe Twitter and LinkedIn are good social tools.
Although small businesses believe social networks are a good marketing tool, most don't think they have the skill set to properly use the social space to their advantage. Constant Contact recently surveyed SMBs and found that while most believe socnets like Facebook are 'effective' marketing tools 54% also say the social marketing space is the place they need the most help.
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 82% believe Facebook is the most effective social network
• 29% believe LinkedIn is the most effective social network
• 25% say Twitter is the most effective
YouTube and Pinterest were seen as effective by less than 20% of small businesses, but they are also two of the harder to negotiate social spaces for small businesses.
Meanwhile, although SMBs believe the social space is a good place to engage and interact with shoppers, fewer than 20% post daily to Twitter or weekly to LinkedIn.
As for small business confidence, the Constant Contact report notes that revenue increases of 10% or more in 2012 were reported by only one-third (38%) of those surveyed; at the mid-year point half of small businesses surveyed believe revenue would increase by more than 10%. Nearly one-quarter (23%) reported flat revenue for the year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
- Platform promises to connect marketers, consumers
- Mobile app shoppers generate more revenue than mobile website and desktop shoppers
- Mums turn to Facebook for recommendations and parenting communities
- Forecast: App economy to surpass $100b by 2020
- Report: Retail, tech lead for mobile video
- Report: Pressure is on for security pros
Featured White Papers
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...