News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: SMBs believe social 'effective' way to reach customers
The social space isn't just a place to reconnect with old school friends. More and more small businesses are moving in to social hoping to connect with new business. According to new data out from Constant Contact more than half of small business owners believe Facebook is a good way to engage customers; one-quarter believe Twitter and LinkedIn are good social tools.
Although small businesses believe social networks are a good marketing tool, most don't think they have the skill set to properly use the social space to their advantage. Constant Contact recently surveyed SMBs and found that while most believe socnets like Facebook are 'effective' marketing tools 54% also say the social marketing space is the place they need the most help.
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 82% believe Facebook is the most effective social network
• 29% believe LinkedIn is the most effective social network
• 25% say Twitter is the most effective
YouTube and Pinterest were seen as effective by less than 20% of small businesses, but they are also two of the harder to negotiate social spaces for small businesses.
Meanwhile, although SMBs believe the social space is a good place to engage and interact with shoppers, fewer than 20% post daily to Twitter or weekly to LinkedIn.
As for small business confidence, the Constant Contact report notes that revenue increases of 10% or more in 2012 were reported by only one-third (38%) of those surveyed; at the mid-year point half of small businesses surveyed believe revenue would increase by more than 10%. Nearly one-quarter (23%) reported flat revenue for the year.
Image via Shutterstock
- How Facebook, AdWords can work together
- Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
- Survey: Bitcoin making more waves
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...