News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: More brands to adopt dynamic, rich media
Once more, rich media advertising units are garnering headlines, this time thanks to a new survey out from Jivox which found that a majority of brands are interesting in adopting dynamic rich media ad units through 2013. The report indicates that dynamic rich media ads could see increases of up to 70% this year.
All may not be sunshine and roses for those brands adopting or increasing their use of these units, however, as the report also shows that most (88%) feel rich media campaigns are 'somewhat' to 'very' stressful to execute the campaigns well.
"From our survey we found the desire for highly engaging dynamic rich media ad formats has greatly intensified as more brands realize the opportunity to dramatically improve ad effectiveness," said Diaz Nesamoney, CEO and founder of Jivox. "At the same time, the influx of mobile devices has created new challenges and frustrations for advertisers. These findings show that we need to move to the next generation of ad platforms that are adaptive, real-time and more efficient - only then can we alleviate some of the stress that traditional rich media causes."
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 51% of ad agencies report increased demand (clients) for dynamic rich media
• 42% of those running rich media across screens/platforms say the process is 'painful'
• 66% say they would recommend more rich media campaigns if costs, production time lessened
• 31% say they 'almost always' delay campaigns because of either creative changes or ad production issues
Of those already using dynamic rich media about half say it takes up to two weeks to complete ad production successfully; 40% say it takes longer than three weeks to complete production.
Meanwhile, those who haven't already adopted rich media say the costs to produce these types of ads are too great.
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...