News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Autoresponders on the outs with many brands
When it comes to responding to customer questions most brands aren't looking to auto-responders to fit the bill. That is both a blessing and a curse - because while most automated replies do not further a brand's identity at least an auto-responder lets the customer know their question or comment has been received.
According to new data out from Optify less than 25% of brands are using autoresponders, and that could be harming more businesses that it is helping. Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 25% of websites do not offer contact forms
• 37% of brands follow-up, through email, after a contact form is received
• Of those offering contact forms, 24% respond 'immediately' via autoresponder email and 30% respond within one hour
"Autoresponders allow businesses to capitalize on a unique opportunity to engage with prospects at the moment they express interest online," said Doug Wheeler, Optify CMO. "Using autoresponders for your marketing automation - and using them correctly - can help you accelerate better, more personalized relationships with prospects and customers. These are basic steps that every company can adopt - no matter what size."
According to experts autoresponders offer immediate connections between the brand and the shopper, even if the autoresponder is only offering a time-frame when the shopper could expect an answer to the question. But especially when that autoresponder offers something more - a product related to a recent search, pointing the shopper to the Frequently Asked Questions area and, in the case of ecommerce, showing products related to a purchase.
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...