News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports note which consumers, devices to target in mobile space
The mobile space may be growing at a rapid clip, but because the devices are so personal to the people using them, advertisers must be careful not only with where they advertise in mobile but how they approach consumers in the mobile space. New reports out from Velti and Experian Marketing Services shed light on which consumers may be the best mobile targets, and which devices as well.
As for where to focus mobile efforts, the Millennial demographic seems a good bet. New data out from Experian Market Services shows Early Adopter Millennials (age 18-34) are spending 14% of their time on mobile devices. What's more 52% of them want the latest and greatest mobile devices as soon as the devices release.
"Brands and marketers are taking notice of millennials and the fact that they communicate and behave differently than other generations," said Bill Tancer, general manager of global research for Experian Marketing Services. "Marketers increasingly understand that they need innovative marketing programs in order to engage this important segment of the population."
Other interesting findings include:
• Millennials are more likely than generational peers to conduct a search or visit a social network before buying a product
• Millennials are more likely to visit a fashion portal or content site than a retail site
• They have a discretionary spend of more than $11,000/year
As for the devices more mobiles, in general, are using, Android may be winning in reach but Apple's iOS, and specifically the iPhone 4, is will the impression share race. New numbers out from Velti show that Android continues to hold a 70% market share for smart-devices, but on a global scale Apple's iPhone 4 is responsible for nearly 60% of mobile ad impressions.
The Gaming sector brings the most impressions to advertisers, nearly 50%, followed by Entertainment and Photography.
Image via Shutterstock
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
- Survey: SMBs drawing a line at Thanksgiving
- Is free enterprise search a game-changer?
- Expert: How mobile is changing customer relationships
- Prediction: Programmatic to push content marketing spend
Featured White Papers
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....