News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports note which consumers, devices to target in mobile space
The mobile space may be growing at a rapid clip, but because the devices are so personal to the people using them, advertisers must be careful not only with where they advertise in mobile but how they approach consumers in the mobile space. New reports out from Velti and Experian Marketing Services shed light on which consumers may be the best mobile targets, and which devices as well.
As for where to focus mobile efforts, the Millennial demographic seems a good bet. New data out from Experian Market Services shows Early Adopter Millennials (age 18-34) are spending 14% of their time on mobile devices. What's more 52% of them want the latest and greatest mobile devices as soon as the devices release.
"Brands and marketers are taking notice of millennials and the fact that they communicate and behave differently than other generations," said Bill Tancer, general manager of global research for Experian Marketing Services. "Marketers increasingly understand that they need innovative marketing programs in order to engage this important segment of the population."
Other interesting findings include:
• Millennials are more likely than generational peers to conduct a search or visit a social network before buying a product
• Millennials are more likely to visit a fashion portal or content site than a retail site
• They have a discretionary spend of more than $11,000/year
As for the devices more mobiles, in general, are using, Android may be winning in reach but Apple's iOS, and specifically the iPhone 4, is will the impression share race. New numbers out from Velti show that Android continues to hold a 70% market share for smart-devices, but on a global scale Apple's iPhone 4 is responsible for nearly 60% of mobile ad impressions.
The Gaming sector brings the most impressions to advertisers, nearly 50%, followed by Entertainment and Photography.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...