News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports note which consumers, devices to target in mobile space
The mobile space may be growing at a rapid clip, but because the devices are so personal to the people using them, advertisers must be careful not only with where they advertise in mobile but how they approach consumers in the mobile space. New reports out from Velti and Experian Marketing Services shed light on which consumers may be the best mobile targets, and which devices as well.
As for where to focus mobile efforts, the Millennial demographic seems a good bet. New data out from Experian Market Services shows Early Adopter Millennials (age 18-34) are spending 14% of their time on mobile devices. What's more 52% of them want the latest and greatest mobile devices as soon as the devices release.
"Brands and marketers are taking notice of millennials and the fact that they communicate and behave differently than other generations," said Bill Tancer, general manager of global research for Experian Marketing Services. "Marketers increasingly understand that they need innovative marketing programs in order to engage this important segment of the population."
Other interesting findings include:
• Millennials are more likely than generational peers to conduct a search or visit a social network before buying a product
• Millennials are more likely to visit a fashion portal or content site than a retail site
• They have a discretionary spend of more than $11,000/year
As for the devices more mobiles, in general, are using, Android may be winning in reach but Apple's iOS, and specifically the iPhone 4, is will the impression share race. New numbers out from Velti show that Android continues to hold a 70% market share for smart-devices, but on a global scale Apple's iPhone 4 is responsible for nearly 60% of mobile ad impressions.
The Gaming sector brings the most impressions to advertisers, nearly 50%, followed by Entertainment and Photography.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...