News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports note which consumers, devices to target in mobile space
The mobile space may be growing at a rapid clip, but because the devices are so personal to the people using them, advertisers must be careful not only with where they advertise in mobile but how they approach consumers in the mobile space. New reports out from Velti and Experian Marketing Services shed light on which consumers may be the best mobile targets, and which devices as well.
As for where to focus mobile efforts, the Millennial demographic seems a good bet. New data out from Experian Market Services shows Early Adopter Millennials (age 18-34) are spending 14% of their time on mobile devices. What's more 52% of them want the latest and greatest mobile devices as soon as the devices release.
"Brands and marketers are taking notice of millennials and the fact that they communicate and behave differently than other generations," said Bill Tancer, general manager of global research for Experian Marketing Services. "Marketers increasingly understand that they need innovative marketing programs in order to engage this important segment of the population."
Other interesting findings include:
• Millennials are more likely than generational peers to conduct a search or visit a social network before buying a product
• Millennials are more likely to visit a fashion portal or content site than a retail site
• They have a discretionary spend of more than $11,000/year
As for the devices more mobiles, in general, are using, Android may be winning in reach but Apple's iOS, and specifically the iPhone 4, is will the impression share race. New numbers out from Velti show that Android continues to hold a 70% market share for smart-devices, but on a global scale Apple's iPhone 4 is responsible for nearly 60% of mobile ad impressions.
The Gaming sector brings the most impressions to advertisers, nearly 50%, followed by Entertainment and Photography.
Image via Shutterstock
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...