News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: More people going mobile, looking for content
As more consumers convert to smartphones and tablets, they are remaining online longer - and looking for new, unique and relevant content almost constantly. While many look for professionally produced content, a growing number are looking to social networks to find entertaining content, too.
New data out from BuyVia shows that the top online shopping search terms (February) included 'TV', 'iPad' and 'Kindle Fire'. With television one of the most searched terms online, it makes sense for app developers and content creators to include online and mobile publishing outlets for their video content.
That is where the upgraded Telly app comes in. Through Telly, viewers can use social to discover engaging content, share that content with friends and even create video content. The upgraded mobile app for Telly offers group sharing options, a new viewing system and the ability to tag the people in the video itself.
"We recognized that there was a huge issue in sharing videos with all your groups of friends - no one wants to receive a fifteen email long thread of people talking about a shared video," said Telly CEO Mo Al Adham. "We want our users to be able to share the videos they love with the right group of people all in one place."
Meanwhile, comScore has released January smartphone numbers; according to their report there are now more than 129 million US consumers using smartphones. Just over half (52%) are operating on the Android platform.
The top handsets include Apple's iPhone (37% market share), Samsung (21% market share) and HTC (9.7% market share).
- Ad Roundup: New tools to track, serve ads
- How to maximize your content marketing strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...