News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: More people going mobile, looking for content
As more consumers convert to smartphones and tablets, they are remaining online longer - and looking for new, unique and relevant content almost constantly. While many look for professionally produced content, a growing number are looking to social networks to find entertaining content, too.
New data out from BuyVia shows that the top online shopping search terms (February) included 'TV', 'iPad' and 'Kindle Fire'. With television one of the most searched terms online, it makes sense for app developers and content creators to include online and mobile publishing outlets for their video content.
That is where the upgraded Telly app comes in. Through Telly, viewers can use social to discover engaging content, share that content with friends and even create video content. The upgraded mobile app for Telly offers group sharing options, a new viewing system and the ability to tag the people in the video itself.
"We recognized that there was a huge issue in sharing videos with all your groups of friends - no one wants to receive a fifteen email long thread of people talking about a shared video," said Telly CEO Mo Al Adham. "We want our users to be able to share the videos they love with the right group of people all in one place."
Meanwhile, comScore has released January smartphone numbers; according to their report there are now more than 129 million US consumers using smartphones. Just over half (52%) are operating on the Android platform.
The top handsets include Apple's iPhone (37% market share), Samsung (21% market share) and HTC (9.7% market share).
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Do you know why online shoppers abandon carts?
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...