News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: More people going mobile, looking for content
As more consumers convert to smartphones and tablets, they are remaining online longer - and looking for new, unique and relevant content almost constantly. While many look for professionally produced content, a growing number are looking to social networks to find entertaining content, too.
New data out from BuyVia shows that the top online shopping search terms (February) included 'TV', 'iPad' and 'Kindle Fire'. With television one of the most searched terms online, it makes sense for app developers and content creators to include online and mobile publishing outlets for their video content.
That is where the upgraded Telly app comes in. Through Telly, viewers can use social to discover engaging content, share that content with friends and even create video content. The upgraded mobile app for Telly offers group sharing options, a new viewing system and the ability to tag the people in the video itself.
"We recognized that there was a huge issue in sharing videos with all your groups of friends - no one wants to receive a fifteen email long thread of people talking about a shared video," said Telly CEO Mo Al Adham. "We want our users to be able to share the videos they love with the right group of people all in one place."
Meanwhile, comScore has released January smartphone numbers; according to their report there are now more than 129 million US consumers using smartphones. Just over half (52%) are operating on the Android platform.
The top handsets include Apple's iPhone (37% market share), Samsung (21% market share) and HTC (9.7% market share).
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...