News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: SIEM deployments a problem area for many brands
Security and information are causing problems for brands - and not just from potential hackers. According to a new report out today from eIQ Networks many businesses are having problems with Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) deployments - in other words they're finding it hard to manage, monitor and react to potential security risks.
According to the data the time to release brands' latest SIEM products took between two weeks and one month for more than one-third (44%) of those surveyed. Meanwhile just under one-third (31%) believe their current SIEM option is too costly and would replace it if a cheaper solution was available.
"The survey results indicate that organizations continue to suffer from symptoms of traditional SIEM deployments," said Brian Mehlman, senior director product management, , eIQnetworks. "From cost burdens and management headaches, organizations are looking for a cure to SIEM. The good news is that the remedy to this perpetuating affliction is through simplified and cost effective security intelligence solutions that provide organizations with critical visibility across the entire spectrum of enterprise security data."
Other interesting findings include:
• 35% have adopted an SIEM product because of compliance requirements
• 25% have spent more than 1 month in 'professional services' since the SIEM deployment
• 52% need at least 2 full-time employees to manage the SIEM product
• 40% say mobile devices led the risk category for their IT departments
Meanwhile, where IT infrastructure is concerned, most respondents say networks are the biggest concern for their company.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...