News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: For mobile, consumers want better batteries, processors
When it comes to mobile tablets, consumers are looking for specific innovations from manufacturers. Specifically, they want better battery life and faster mobile processors. That according to a recent TechBargains survey.
According to the TechBargains report:
• 87% of shoppers interested in a next-gen iPad & iPad Mini want better battery life
• 76% want USB ports and 71% want better speakers (iPad Mini)
• 80% of iPad buyers want USB ports and 63% want it to be lighter
"Before it was introduced the iPad Mini received lackluster interest in comparison to other Apple products, according to a previous TechBargains' survey," said Yung Trang, President, TechBargains. "Once consumers got their hands on it and saw the value, our recent data shows popularity for the iPad Mini has nearly doubled."
As for how the mobile space is breaking down the Millennia Media 2012 Year in Review SMART report shows that 12 mobile verticals saw greater than 100% YoY growth (within the Millennial Media platform); the Retail and Restaurant vertical spent the most with the Millennial Media space.
The report further shows that 40% of CPG spending included location based targeting and 37% offers app downloads as a call to action.
And looking ahead, comScore has released the 2013 Mobile Future in Focus which predicts that people will consume even more mobile content in 2013 than they did in 2012 - which is earmarked as a 'watershed year' for mobile. The research shows that mobile the half the US population now have a smartphone.
"2012 was a milestone year for the U.S. smartphone market as it finally surpassed 50 percent market penetration and now enters the "late majority" stage of the technology adoption curve. The number of smartphone subscribers has increased 29 percent from a year ago and 99 percent from two years ago. Not only does the market's current ownership profile reflect a smartphone majority, but 72 percent of all newly-acquired devices are now smartphones," was written in the report.
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Few marketers plan for social media negativity
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....