News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: For mobile, consumers want better batteries, processors
When it comes to mobile tablets, consumers are looking for specific innovations from manufacturers. Specifically, they want better battery life and faster mobile processors. That according to a recent TechBargains survey.
According to the TechBargains report:
• 87% of shoppers interested in a next-gen iPad & iPad Mini want better battery life
• 76% want USB ports and 71% want better speakers (iPad Mini)
• 80% of iPad buyers want USB ports and 63% want it to be lighter
"Before it was introduced the iPad Mini received lackluster interest in comparison to other Apple products, according to a previous TechBargains' survey," said Yung Trang, President, TechBargains. "Once consumers got their hands on it and saw the value, our recent data shows popularity for the iPad Mini has nearly doubled."
As for how the mobile space is breaking down the Millennia Media 2012 Year in Review SMART report shows that 12 mobile verticals saw greater than 100% YoY growth (within the Millennial Media platform); the Retail and Restaurant vertical spent the most with the Millennial Media space.
The report further shows that 40% of CPG spending included location based targeting and 37% offers app downloads as a call to action.
And looking ahead, comScore has released the 2013 Mobile Future in Focus which predicts that people will consume even more mobile content in 2013 than they did in 2012 - which is earmarked as a 'watershed year' for mobile. The research shows that mobile the half the US population now have a smartphone.
"2012 was a milestone year for the U.S. smartphone market as it finally surpassed 50 percent market penetration and now enters the "late majority" stage of the technology adoption curve. The number of smartphone subscribers has increased 29 percent from a year ago and 99 percent from two years ago. Not only does the market's current ownership profile reflect a smartphone majority, but 72 percent of all newly-acquired devices are now smartphones," was written in the report.
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...