News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: For mobile, consumers want better batteries, processors
When it comes to mobile tablets, consumers are looking for specific innovations from manufacturers. Specifically, they want better battery life and faster mobile processors. That according to a recent TechBargains survey.
According to the TechBargains report:
• 87% of shoppers interested in a next-gen iPad & iPad Mini want better battery life
• 76% want USB ports and 71% want better speakers (iPad Mini)
• 80% of iPad buyers want USB ports and 63% want it to be lighter
"Before it was introduced the iPad Mini received lackluster interest in comparison to other Apple products, according to a previous TechBargains' survey," said Yung Trang, President, TechBargains. "Once consumers got their hands on it and saw the value, our recent data shows popularity for the iPad Mini has nearly doubled."
As for how the mobile space is breaking down the Millennia Media 2012 Year in Review SMART report shows that 12 mobile verticals saw greater than 100% YoY growth (within the Millennial Media platform); the Retail and Restaurant vertical spent the most with the Millennial Media space.
The report further shows that 40% of CPG spending included location based targeting and 37% offers app downloads as a call to action.
And looking ahead, comScore has released the 2013 Mobile Future in Focus which predicts that people will consume even more mobile content in 2013 than they did in 2012 - which is earmarked as a 'watershed year' for mobile. The research shows that mobile the half the US population now have a smartphone.
"2012 was a milestone year for the U.S. smartphone market as it finally surpassed 50 percent market penetration and now enters the "late majority" stage of the technology adoption curve. The number of smartphone subscribers has increased 29 percent from a year ago and 99 percent from two years ago. Not only does the market's current ownership profile reflect a smartphone majority, but 72 percent of all newly-acquired devices are now smartphones," was written in the report.
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...