News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platforms offer measurement, ad options for mobile brands
Three new developments in the mobile space could set brands on a firmer mobile foundation. Here are the details:
First, from Hitwise, a mobile data portal set up to offer insights into consumers' mobile behavior. According to comScore nearly half the US consumer base now has a smartphone; some reports note that more than 10% have adopted tablets. These mobile consumers have behaviors that are specific to their devices and interests so a tool that identifies those behaviors is important for mobile brands.
Some early findings from the report include:
• 17.27% of mobile users visited Google.com (week of February 23), making it the hottest mobile stop
• 4% visited YouTube and 2.65% visited Facebook.com
• The top 3 sites accounted for nearly 1 hour of time spent on mobile sites
Meanwhile, from Fiksu, news that app downloads are on the rise. Again. For January 2013 Fiksu notes app downloads surpassed the 6 million per day level in January. With more mobiles downloading apps, it pushes the cost-acquisition model down as well. According to Fiksu's Cost per Loyal User Index is now costs app developers $1.56 to acquire a new customer, a decrease of 7% (11 cents) from December 2012.
Finally, a new ad program is out there for app developers. From Rovi Corporation has released its Rovi Advertising Service, which supports both display and video ads for mobile devices and connected TV apps.
"As connected device adoption ascends and consumer affinity for apps intensifies, new revenue opportunities are emerging such as those provided by Rovi Advertising Network," said Heather Way, senior research analyst, Parks Associates. "More than ever, app developers with ad-supported business models must participate in multi-platform networks that help brands effectively reach and engage consumers in an increasingly complex and fragmented entertainment environment."
Developers who integrate the new ad service will also have the option to use campaigns from the Rovi Ad Network to their infrastructure.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...