News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pew Research: One-third Americans get news online
This isn't exactly ground-breaking news, but more Americans are getting their news in digital format. According to new data out from Pew Research 39% of respondents to a recent study checked online for news 'yesterday'; that is an increase of 5% points in two years.
The question from Pew Research included both online and mobile sites and with the addition of mobile, about half of US adults are looking online for their news headlines. That puts online outlets just below television news for consumption and nearly 20 percentage points ahead of either radio or printed newspapers.
As for how consumers are engaging with news content through devices, about one-third own a tablet and 45% own a smartphone and both devices are helping to increase news consumption according to the report.
"Fully 64% of tablet owners say they get news on their devices weekly and 37% report they do so daily," was written in the report. "The trend is nearly identical for smartphone owners - 62% get news on their device weekly and 36% do so daily."
"Last month, 32 percent of my traffic came from mobile," Raju Narisetti, then the head of The Wall Street Journal's Digital Network, said in a February presentation at the Digital Media Strategies conference in London. "A year ago it was 20 percent and a year from now it will be 50 percent."
Other interesting findings about mobile news consumers:
• 54% say they read news via tablet and smartphone
• 77% report 'also reading' news via laptop/desktop computer
• 50% read print newspapers
• 25% get their news both online and offline
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...