News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
One-third of SMBs credit luck with success
Is the luck 'o the Irish with small businesses? Surprisingly enough, quite a few SMB owners believe luck plays a big part in their success - by putting the right hires and business connections before them and hitting the right product at the right time. How else is luck shining on SMBs this holiday?
In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, a large group of small business owners are crediting luck with the success of their company. According to a recent survey from Manta just over one-third (35%) of SMBs surveyed believe luck is 'somewhat' responsible for their business success; 27% say luck has definitely played a part.
Just over one-third (38%) say luck has nothing to do with their success.
For those who believe luck plays a part in their success, most say they've a return on the luck-investment in new business (19%), growing business connections (20%) or timing (47%). The first half of the year is seen as the luckiest time period.
Other interesting findings include:
• Most unlucky business owners were seen as Ron Johnson (JCPenny) and Mark Pincus (Zynga)
• Networking and experimenting with new options were seen as the best ways to improve the luck of a business
• 73% said they would rather have their business succeed than win the lottery
'Luck' is only seen as the biggest impactor of success by 3% of SMBs; persistence and hard work are seen as the driving factors in a business's success (57%).
As for the luckiest business owners, those polled believe Jeff Bezos (Amazon), Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) and Larry Page (Google) are among the luckiest business owners.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...