News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Localized social tool launched for online marketers
Local brands may get a social boost from a new platform. Local Measure has launched a geographically based option for brands to manage their social campaigns. The platform will offer local insights into social conversations, helping brands better connect. The platform is part o the Roamz system.
Local Measure monitors and collects data from the major social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and Instagram.
"We've been helping consumers discover places and events nearby by pulling updates and photos through social networks and simply providing them with suggestions," said Jonathan Barouch, founder and CEO of Roamz, "However, we were hearing from businesses that the local data and analytics we were surfacing in our consumer application gave them never before seen data and insights for their businesses. Local Measure allows businesses to tap into the heartbeat of the conversations - right under their roof - and directly engage with consumers before they walk out the door."
Here's how it works: Local Measure monitors the social space and aggregates the data collected into geographically relevant pools. That data can then be used by brands at the local level to drive traffic in to local businesses or offer insight into campaigns on the local level. Once the data is collected and analyzed brands can then enter the conversation with local shoppers, pushing engagement and potential store or brand loyalty among consumers.
One more interesting feature: the platform identifies "Super Customers" for businesses. These are shoppers who advocate for the brand, share product news and information across social networks and are repeat customers.
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...