News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Localized social tool launched for online marketers
Local brands may get a social boost from a new platform. Local Measure has launched a geographically based option for brands to manage their social campaigns. The platform will offer local insights into social conversations, helping brands better connect. The platform is part o the Roamz system.
Local Measure monitors and collects data from the major social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and Instagram.
"We've been helping consumers discover places and events nearby by pulling updates and photos through social networks and simply providing them with suggestions," said Jonathan Barouch, founder and CEO of Roamz, "However, we were hearing from businesses that the local data and analytics we were surfacing in our consumer application gave them never before seen data and insights for their businesses. Local Measure allows businesses to tap into the heartbeat of the conversations - right under their roof - and directly engage with consumers before they walk out the door."
Here's how it works: Local Measure monitors the social space and aggregates the data collected into geographically relevant pools. That data can then be used by brands at the local level to drive traffic in to local businesses or offer insight into campaigns on the local level. Once the data is collected and analyzed brands can then enter the conversation with local shoppers, pushing engagement and potential store or brand loyalty among consumers.
One more interesting feature: the platform identifies "Super Customers" for businesses. These are shoppers who advocate for the brand, share product news and information across social networks and are repeat customers.
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...