News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Localized social tool launched for online marketers
Local brands may get a social boost from a new platform. Local Measure has launched a geographically based option for brands to manage their social campaigns. The platform will offer local insights into social conversations, helping brands better connect. The platform is part o the Roamz system.
Local Measure monitors and collects data from the major social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and Instagram.
"We've been helping consumers discover places and events nearby by pulling updates and photos through social networks and simply providing them with suggestions," said Jonathan Barouch, founder and CEO of Roamz, "However, we were hearing from businesses that the local data and analytics we were surfacing in our consumer application gave them never before seen data and insights for their businesses. Local Measure allows businesses to tap into the heartbeat of the conversations - right under their roof - and directly engage with consumers before they walk out the door."
Here's how it works: Local Measure monitors the social space and aggregates the data collected into geographically relevant pools. That data can then be used by brands at the local level to drive traffic in to local businesses or offer insight into campaigns on the local level. Once the data is collected and analyzed brands can then enter the conversation with local shoppers, pushing engagement and potential store or brand loyalty among consumers.
One more interesting feature: the platform identifies "Super Customers" for businesses. These are shoppers who advocate for the brand, share product news and information across social networks and are repeat customers.
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...