News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Localized social tool launched for online marketers
Local brands may get a social boost from a new platform. Local Measure has launched a geographically based option for brands to manage their social campaigns. The platform will offer local insights into social conversations, helping brands better connect. The platform is part o the Roamz system.
Local Measure monitors and collects data from the major social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and Instagram.
"We've been helping consumers discover places and events nearby by pulling updates and photos through social networks and simply providing them with suggestions," said Jonathan Barouch, founder and CEO of Roamz, "However, we were hearing from businesses that the local data and analytics we were surfacing in our consumer application gave them never before seen data and insights for their businesses. Local Measure allows businesses to tap into the heartbeat of the conversations - right under their roof - and directly engage with consumers before they walk out the door."
Here's how it works: Local Measure monitors the social space and aggregates the data collected into geographically relevant pools. That data can then be used by brands at the local level to drive traffic in to local businesses or offer insight into campaigns on the local level. Once the data is collected and analyzed brands can then enter the conversation with local shoppers, pushing engagement and potential store or brand loyalty among consumers.
One more interesting feature: the platform identifies "Super Customers" for businesses. These are shoppers who advocate for the brand, share product news and information across social networks and are repeat customers.
- Study: 'Digital amnesia' the result of over-reliance on mobile
- New Zealand passes law criminalizing cyberbullying
- U.K.: Marketers concerned about keeping pace with marketing technology
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...