News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jumptap: Look for more tablets to hit consumers' hands
The mobile space isn't cooling off in 2013. Rather, according to new data out from Jumptap, we can expect the mobile space to get even hotter as more consumers give up their feature phones and embrace tablets.
According to Jumptap's February MobileSTAT report Samsung is on its way to becoming the go-to Android device; their experts believe Samsung will account for nearly 60% of Android devices by year's end. Other interesting findings include:
• Tablets will account for at least 29% of Jumptap network traffic by the end of 2013
• Feature phone share will close in on a 0% market share
• Apple's iOS now accounts for 43% of mobile devices
Meanwhile, data just released from YP shows how hot the mobile space is becoming for advertisers. According to the YP, Q4 of 2013 saw more than $350 million in mobile ad revenue come in; overall 2012 ad revenue neared $1 billion for the company.
"Since launching in May of last year, we've aggressively leveraged our core business assets to accelerate our position as the digital leader in local search, media and advertising," said David Krantz, CEO of YP. "In 2013, we expect mobile to continue to fuel our growth as we expand relationships with 50+ million consumers using YP digital products on a monthly basis and extend mobile reach across our Local Ad Network of over 300+ digital publishers."
Karsten Weide, Program VP, Digital Media and Entertainment at IDC said, "For one, mobile advertising continues to grow rapidly. Last year the segment grew by more than 70 percent, and we think it will grow by another 60 percent this year. And also, with consumers checking for nearby information on the road, and with YP providing this data, they will see their business grow rapidly, too."
YP reports that local businesses saw almost 100 million calls from consumers via a YP local search.
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...