News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How social can connect, personalize the ecommerce experience
Some estimates show that Facebook has reached about 80% of the US population, and that is only one social network. Factor in Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and many other social networks and there is an entire stratosphere in which brands can use content, images and offers to reach and engage shoppers. But reaching and engaging through social is still a mystery to many.
Kristina: How important have social networks become to online retailers?
John Andrews, CEO, Collective Bias: Very. Social media's impact on search is enormous when you think about platforms like Pinterest and Twitter having significant search capabilities not captured or affected by Google.
Kristina: How does Collective Bias solve the social media problem for brands?
John: Collective Bias creates social content highlighting the consumer's path-to-purchase through its 1300 member Social Fabric community. This content flows across social channels like YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Tumbler etc. creating impressions and building measurable shares of voice and organic SEO. At scale, this content drives both online and offline conversion.
Kristina: Social Shopping has grown in popularity over the past year; what is it that Collective Bias does to help retailers create a more personalized online experience?
Personalization is derived via individual curation. There is no single path-to-purchase any longer. That is to say, most consumers won't head over to a retailer's website but rather they search, find information from friends, and discover information on various platforms, like Facebook and Twitter. Successful retailers are constantly monitoring where traffic is coming from and creating content relevant for that specific channel.
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...