News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How social can connect, personalize the ecommerce experience
Some estimates show that Facebook has reached about 80% of the US population, and that is only one social network. Factor in Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and many other social networks and there is an entire stratosphere in which brands can use content, images and offers to reach and engage shoppers. But reaching and engaging through social is still a mystery to many.
Kristina: How important have social networks become to online retailers?
John Andrews, CEO, Collective Bias: Very. Social media's impact on search is enormous when you think about platforms like Pinterest and Twitter having significant search capabilities not captured or affected by Google.
Kristina: How does Collective Bias solve the social media problem for brands?
John: Collective Bias creates social content highlighting the consumer's path-to-purchase through its 1300 member Social Fabric community. This content flows across social channels like YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Tumbler etc. creating impressions and building measurable shares of voice and organic SEO. At scale, this content drives both online and offline conversion.
Kristina: Social Shopping has grown in popularity over the past year; what is it that Collective Bias does to help retailers create a more personalized online experience?
Personalization is derived via individual curation. There is no single path-to-purchase any longer. That is to say, most consumers won't head over to a retailer's website but rather they search, find information from friends, and discover information on various platforms, like Facebook and Twitter. Successful retailers are constantly monitoring where traffic is coming from and creating content relevant for that specific channel.
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...