News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How social can connect, personalize the ecommerce experience
Some estimates show that Facebook has reached about 80% of the US population, and that is only one social network. Factor in Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and many other social networks and there is an entire stratosphere in which brands can use content, images and offers to reach and engage shoppers. But reaching and engaging through social is still a mystery to many.
Kristina: How important have social networks become to online retailers?
John Andrews, CEO, Collective Bias: Very. Social media's impact on search is enormous when you think about platforms like Pinterest and Twitter having significant search capabilities not captured or affected by Google.
Kristina: How does Collective Bias solve the social media problem for brands?
John: Collective Bias creates social content highlighting the consumer's path-to-purchase through its 1300 member Social Fabric community. This content flows across social channels like YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Tumbler etc. creating impressions and building measurable shares of voice and organic SEO. At scale, this content drives both online and offline conversion.
Kristina: Social Shopping has grown in popularity over the past year; what is it that Collective Bias does to help retailers create a more personalized online experience?
Personalization is derived via individual curation. There is no single path-to-purchase any longer. That is to say, most consumers won't head over to a retailer's website but rather they search, find information from friends, and discover information on various platforms, like Facebook and Twitter. Successful retailers are constantly monitoring where traffic is coming from and creating content relevant for that specific channel.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...