News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How social can connect, personalize the ecommerce experience
Some estimates show that Facebook has reached about 80% of the US population, and that is only one social network. Factor in Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and many other social networks and there is an entire stratosphere in which brands can use content, images and offers to reach and engage shoppers. But reaching and engaging through social is still a mystery to many.
Kristina: How important have social networks become to online retailers?
John Andrews, CEO, Collective Bias: Very. Social media's impact on search is enormous when you think about platforms like Pinterest and Twitter having significant search capabilities not captured or affected by Google.
Kristina: How does Collective Bias solve the social media problem for brands?
John: Collective Bias creates social content highlighting the consumer's path-to-purchase through its 1300 member Social Fabric community. This content flows across social channels like YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Tumbler etc. creating impressions and building measurable shares of voice and organic SEO. At scale, this content drives both online and offline conversion.
Kristina: Social Shopping has grown in popularity over the past year; what is it that Collective Bias does to help retailers create a more personalized online experience?
Personalization is derived via individual curation. There is no single path-to-purchase any longer. That is to say, most consumers won't head over to a retailer's website but rather they search, find information from friends, and discover information on various platforms, like Facebook and Twitter. Successful retailers are constantly monitoring where traffic is coming from and creating content relevant for that specific channel.
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...