News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How social can connect, personalize the ecommerce experience
Some estimates show that Facebook has reached about 80% of the US population, and that is only one social network. Factor in Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and many other social networks and there is an entire stratosphere in which brands can use content, images and offers to reach and engage shoppers. But reaching and engaging through social is still a mystery to many.
Kristina: How important have social networks become to online retailers?
John Andrews, CEO, Collective Bias: Very. Social media's impact on search is enormous when you think about platforms like Pinterest and Twitter having significant search capabilities not captured or affected by Google.
Kristina: How does Collective Bias solve the social media problem for brands?
John: Collective Bias creates social content highlighting the consumer's path-to-purchase through its 1300 member Social Fabric community. This content flows across social channels like YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Tumbler etc. creating impressions and building measurable shares of voice and organic SEO. At scale, this content drives both online and offline conversion.
Kristina: Social Shopping has grown in popularity over the past year; what is it that Collective Bias does to help retailers create a more personalized online experience?
Personalization is derived via individual curation. There is no single path-to-purchase any longer. That is to say, most consumers won't head over to a retailer's website but rather they search, find information from friends, and discover information on various platforms, like Facebook and Twitter. Successful retailers are constantly monitoring where traffic is coming from and creating content relevant for that specific channel.
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...