News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Half of top U.K. retailers optimize websites for mobile vs. 100% in U.S.
British retailers are struggling to keep up with U.S. counterparts due to a lack of mobile optimization, according to new research from mobile app firm Skava.
According to Skava's recent study, just half of the UK's top 100 retailers have mobile-optimized websites. That compares to 100% of the top U.S. retailers.
Arish Ali, chief executive of Skava, says the attitude of retailers towards optimization for mobile devices is leaving European retailers at risk of limiting sales opportunities.
"Our recent findings show that European retailers have been slower to optimize their mobile websites, despite the demands from their customers and the revenue potential of catering to their needs," said Ali.
And yet, U.S. retailers are already in their second wave of mobile commerce with retailers continually improving their mobile website offerings.
Skava also noted, using data from Forrester, that mobile ecommerce accounts for just 1% of all online sales in the UK, despite Europeans showing an interest in mobile shopping.
However, m-commerce is growing at more than 43% annually and, by 2017, is expected to be responsible for more than 6.5% of online sales within the UK. Retailers need to respond quickly to consumer expectations if they are to avoid disappointing consumers with unacceptable mobile shopping experiences.
Image via Shutterstock
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...