News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google: Half of mobile conversions happen within the hour
Research by Google and Nielsen provides mobile marketers with key insights into when and why people use mobile search and the actions taken as a result of this use.
In the new report, "Mobile Search Moments: Understanding How Mobile Drives Conversions", an interesting behavior of mobile search users has been discovered.
According to the analysis of more than 6,000 mobile searches, more than half (55%) of conversions resulting from that search, be it a store visit, a purchase or contacting a business, occurred within the hour.
"We see this immediacy effect with mobile because not only are people potentially closer in physical proximity to a purchase, but they're also closer to the crucial decision moments," writes Google Product Marketing Manager, Ben Chung, in a blog post.
This immediacy of action is likely the result of the driver of mobile search use - to help make a decision. The report revealed that 45% of mobile searches are conducted to help make a decision, rising to two-thirds when happening in a store. Furthermore, 73% of mobile searches trigger some sort of action including research (36%), website visit (25%), store visit (17%), purchase (17%) or a telephone call (7%).
"When people use mobile search to help make a decision, they're more likely to convert," says Chung. "So it's important for marketers to be present during those searches, while also creating ads and experiences that are relevant to this immediacy."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...