News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google: Half of mobile conversions happen within the hour
Research by Google and Nielsen provides mobile marketers with key insights into when and why people use mobile search and the actions taken as a result of this use.
In the new report, "Mobile Search Moments: Understanding How Mobile Drives Conversions", an interesting behavior of mobile search users has been discovered.
According to the analysis of more than 6,000 mobile searches, more than half (55%) of conversions resulting from that search, be it a store visit, a purchase or contacting a business, occurred within the hour.
"We see this immediacy effect with mobile because not only are people potentially closer in physical proximity to a purchase, but they're also closer to the crucial decision moments," writes Google Product Marketing Manager, Ben Chung, in a blog post.
This immediacy of action is likely the result of the driver of mobile search use - to help make a decision. The report revealed that 45% of mobile searches are conducted to help make a decision, rising to two-thirds when happening in a store. Furthermore, 73% of mobile searches trigger some sort of action including research (36%), website visit (25%), store visit (17%), purchase (17%) or a telephone call (7%).
"When people use mobile search to help make a decision, they're more likely to convert," says Chung. "So it's important for marketers to be present during those searches, while also creating ads and experiences that are relevant to this immediacy."
Image via Shutterstock
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...