News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google: Half of mobile conversions happen within the hour
Research by Google and Nielsen provides mobile marketers with key insights into when and why people use mobile search and the actions taken as a result of this use.
In the new report, "Mobile Search Moments: Understanding How Mobile Drives Conversions", an interesting behavior of mobile search users has been discovered.
According to the analysis of more than 6,000 mobile searches, more than half (55%) of conversions resulting from that search, be it a store visit, a purchase or contacting a business, occurred within the hour.
"We see this immediacy effect with mobile because not only are people potentially closer in physical proximity to a purchase, but they're also closer to the crucial decision moments," writes Google Product Marketing Manager, Ben Chung, in a blog post.
This immediacy of action is likely the result of the driver of mobile search use - to help make a decision. The report revealed that 45% of mobile searches are conducted to help make a decision, rising to two-thirds when happening in a store. Furthermore, 73% of mobile searches trigger some sort of action including research (36%), website visit (25%), store visit (17%), purchase (17%) or a telephone call (7%).
"When people use mobile search to help make a decision, they're more likely to convert," says Chung. "So it's important for marketers to be present during those searches, while also creating ads and experiences that are relevant to this immediacy."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
- Top place for UK mobile shoppers is in bed
- Big brands found using 'dark UX' methods
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...