News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google: Half of mobile conversions happen within the hour
Research by Google and Nielsen provides mobile marketers with key insights into when and why people use mobile search and the actions taken as a result of this use.
In the new report, "Mobile Search Moments: Understanding How Mobile Drives Conversions", an interesting behavior of mobile search users has been discovered.
According to the analysis of more than 6,000 mobile searches, more than half (55%) of conversions resulting from that search, be it a store visit, a purchase or contacting a business, occurred within the hour.
"We see this immediacy effect with mobile because not only are people potentially closer in physical proximity to a purchase, but they're also closer to the crucial decision moments," writes Google Product Marketing Manager, Ben Chung, in a blog post.
This immediacy of action is likely the result of the driver of mobile search use - to help make a decision. The report revealed that 45% of mobile searches are conducted to help make a decision, rising to two-thirds when happening in a store. Furthermore, 73% of mobile searches trigger some sort of action including research (36%), website visit (25%), store visit (17%), purchase (17%) or a telephone call (7%).
"When people use mobile search to help make a decision, they're more likely to convert," says Chung. "So it's important for marketers to be present during those searches, while also creating ads and experiences that are relevant to this immediacy."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...