News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Europe: 77% of consumers engage with outdoor advertising
Outdoor advertising is no longer just about exposure, it's about engagement, too. An annual study by CBS Outdoor International reveals that outdoor advertising is becoming a significant driver of traffic to social media and mobile interaction.
According to CBS Outdoor International's Interactive Europe 2013 report, more than three-quarters (77%) of the 5,000 consumers surveyed, from six European countries, said that they had completed an action as a result of seeing an outdoor ad during 2012.
That figure is the same as television, says the outdoor advertising company, and better than print or radio.
The actions taken by the respondents ranged from heading online to downloading an app:
- 32% went online to find out more information about the brand or product (+2% from 2011);
- 20% made a purchase online (+6%);
- 16% 'Liked' a Facebook Page (+5%);
- 13% downloaded an app (+7%);
- 11% scanned a QR code (+6%);
- 10% visited a brand's social media page (+3%);
- 7% used a mobile to make a purchase (+5%); and
- 4% Followed a brand on Twitter (unchanged).
"The research shows that outdoor advertising presents the opportunity to supplement reach and promote deeper levels of engagement," said Antonio Alonso, CEO CBS Outdoor International.
"Additionally, with smart device ownership continuing to grow, even amongst older demographics, it is clear that outdoor advertising is beginning to offer brands new channels for distribution and direct marketing."
- Unique products, better prices motivates cross-border ecommerce
- Gen Z keen to engage with mobile video
- Expert: How to determine if a subscription service is good business
- Top 3 tips to create speech analytics strategy
- Snapchat rumored to be rolling out behavioral targeting for advertisers
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
- Report: Digital will be strong through holiday season
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...