News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Europe: 77% of consumers engage with outdoor advertising
Outdoor advertising is no longer just about exposure, it's about engagement, too. An annual study by CBS Outdoor International reveals that outdoor advertising is becoming a significant driver of traffic to social media and mobile interaction.
According to CBS Outdoor International's Interactive Europe 2013 report, more than three-quarters (77%) of the 5,000 consumers surveyed, from six European countries, said that they had completed an action as a result of seeing an outdoor ad during 2012.
That figure is the same as television, says the outdoor advertising company, and better than print or radio.
The actions taken by the respondents ranged from heading online to downloading an app:
- 32% went online to find out more information about the brand or product (+2% from 2011);
- 20% made a purchase online (+6%);
- 16% 'Liked' a Facebook Page (+5%);
- 13% downloaded an app (+7%);
- 11% scanned a QR code (+6%);
- 10% visited a brand's social media page (+3%);
- 7% used a mobile to make a purchase (+5%); and
- 4% Followed a brand on Twitter (unchanged).
"The research shows that outdoor advertising presents the opportunity to supplement reach and promote deeper levels of engagement," said Antonio Alonso, CEO CBS Outdoor International.
"Additionally, with smart device ownership continuing to grow, even amongst older demographics, it is clear that outdoor advertising is beginning to offer brands new channels for distribution and direct marketing."
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...