News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Europe: 77% of consumers engage with outdoor advertising
Outdoor advertising is no longer just about exposure, it's about engagement, too. An annual study by CBS Outdoor International reveals that outdoor advertising is becoming a significant driver of traffic to social media and mobile interaction.
According to CBS Outdoor International's Interactive Europe 2013 report, more than three-quarters (77%) of the 5,000 consumers surveyed, from six European countries, said that they had completed an action as a result of seeing an outdoor ad during 2012.
That figure is the same as television, says the outdoor advertising company, and better than print or radio.
The actions taken by the respondents ranged from heading online to downloading an app:
- 32% went online to find out more information about the brand or product (+2% from 2011);
- 20% made a purchase online (+6%);
- 16% 'Liked' a Facebook Page (+5%);
- 13% downloaded an app (+7%);
- 11% scanned a QR code (+6%);
- 10% visited a brand's social media page (+3%);
- 7% used a mobile to make a purchase (+5%); and
- 4% Followed a brand on Twitter (unchanged).
"The research shows that outdoor advertising presents the opportunity to supplement reach and promote deeper levels of engagement," said Antonio Alonso, CEO CBS Outdoor International.
"Additionally, with smart device ownership continuing to grow, even amongst older demographics, it is clear that outdoor advertising is beginning to offer brands new channels for distribution and direct marketing."
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...