News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Europe: 77% of consumers engage with outdoor advertising
Outdoor advertising is no longer just about exposure, it's about engagement, too. An annual study by CBS Outdoor International reveals that outdoor advertising is becoming a significant driver of traffic to social media and mobile interaction.
According to CBS Outdoor International's Interactive Europe 2013 report, more than three-quarters (77%) of the 5,000 consumers surveyed, from six European countries, said that they had completed an action as a result of seeing an outdoor ad during 2012.
That figure is the same as television, says the outdoor advertising company, and better than print or radio.
The actions taken by the respondents ranged from heading online to downloading an app:
- 32% went online to find out more information about the brand or product (+2% from 2011);
- 20% made a purchase online (+6%);
- 16% 'Liked' a Facebook Page (+5%);
- 13% downloaded an app (+7%);
- 11% scanned a QR code (+6%);
- 10% visited a brand's social media page (+3%);
- 7% used a mobile to make a purchase (+5%); and
- 4% Followed a brand on Twitter (unchanged).
"The research shows that outdoor advertising presents the opportunity to supplement reach and promote deeper levels of engagement," said Antonio Alonso, CEO CBS Outdoor International.
"Additionally, with smart device ownership continuing to grow, even amongst older demographics, it is clear that outdoor advertising is beginning to offer brands new channels for distribution and direct marketing."
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...
- Twitter for Business: Everything You Need to Know
Using Twitter requires a lot more effort than just sharing a link and throwing in a hashtag or two....