News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Europe: 77% of consumers engage with outdoor advertising
Outdoor advertising is no longer just about exposure, it's about engagement, too. An annual study by CBS Outdoor International reveals that outdoor advertising is becoming a significant driver of traffic to social media and mobile interaction.
According to CBS Outdoor International's Interactive Europe 2013 report, more than three-quarters (77%) of the 5,000 consumers surveyed, from six European countries, said that they had completed an action as a result of seeing an outdoor ad during 2012.
That figure is the same as television, says the outdoor advertising company, and better than print or radio.
The actions taken by the respondents ranged from heading online to downloading an app:
- 32% went online to find out more information about the brand or product (+2% from 2011);
- 20% made a purchase online (+6%);
- 16% 'Liked' a Facebook Page (+5%);
- 13% downloaded an app (+7%);
- 11% scanned a QR code (+6%);
- 10% visited a brand's social media page (+3%);
- 7% used a mobile to make a purchase (+5%); and
- 4% Followed a brand on Twitter (unchanged).
"The research shows that outdoor advertising presents the opportunity to supplement reach and promote deeper levels of engagement," said Antonio Alonso, CEO CBS Outdoor International.
"Additionally, with smart device ownership continuing to grow, even amongst older demographics, it is clear that outdoor advertising is beginning to offer brands new channels for distribution and direct marketing."
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...